Riverdale at Blackman

TDCman

i too was taken back by alsup comments. i have a friend whos son plays at blackman and as he would tell it there is negitative talk coming from several coaches. u know if you get down on players and forget to coach them back up you can ruin your team spirit quickly. they had to know that they were going to struggle this year being this young. but if you look at several articles this year they have knocked the team several times. 1. "we're a running team only, if we get anything our of any of our qbs it will be a surprise. 2. changing qbs, it wasnt a bad move but why did they go with a soph at 1st anyway? has it meant any more wins? where is that kids confidence now? 3. strickland ran off sanford after he had a bad game at gallatin. 4. changing #6 to fullback, it may be a good move but did they explain that to him or did they leave him hanging.? sometimes u build a team by coaching not yellilng or running your mouth, they might want to try that the next time their ask for a comment.

Edited by UDONTNOME

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JohhnyC.

I'll see if I can find the paper and provide the quotes. Maybe he was just trying to motivate the team but the Sunday paper is not th eright place for it.

Frankly, I don't think the Blackman players care what their record is this week. I expect they will play their best game of the season Friday night.

SINCE BLACKMAN IS OVERRATED AND RIVERDALE ROCKS, I'LL TAKE RHS 44 BHS 3. JUST SPEAKEN THE TRUTH...

Hmm well lets see Blackman's record is 1-6. Well that certaintly makes for an overrated team now doesnt it? j/j. All in good spirit i hope and pray that the Blaze come out to play and get fired up, if not it could get preeeeety ugly. :P

Any news from the practice fields this week. Is the fall break altering the schedules at all?

This is a lot bigger game than it appears on paper. Blackman is wounded and Riverdale is not good enough to overlook anybody. The Warriors need to secure those next 2 wins and improve each week.

Although Blackman's playoff chances are extremely slim, I don't see them quitting until the final seconds tick away. This is a really big game for the players regardless of what the records may be.

Guest region4fan

I will have to praise Blackman. They NEVER quit fighting against us. If they quit against Lebanon las week as their coach insinuated, then it was because their coach quit on them. I can't believe that Alsup could be so negative. Isn't his kid on the team? How could you say those things to your kid? I lost much respect for Alsup. Slim, I would like your take on this.