2A Mr. Football Award

MilanDog9

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Living in Middle Tennessee, and not being a big follower of 2A, ive probably heard more about Cutler Robertson than anyone else. If im not mistaken, he leads the state in points, but maybe thats because he kicks.

In 2A there are many great players.Some that come to mind are.

backs-

cutler robinson-dl

brandon janco-gp

patrick turner-gp

dustin latham-sweetwater

rod smith-milan

carlos hudson-east robertson

lineman-

Demonte Bolden-tyner

Greg Smith-tyner

BeN A.dl

These are just to name a few.i dont know much about the great lineman but skill players i know everyone just about.

Edited by FOOTGUY5

I think the award will go to the player who not only has good stats (maybe not the best), but also is being looked at by some big time schools. Also, I would think you would have to consider the teams that the people being considered played and how strong they were. Lets say you have two guys that have similar stats. Both have rushed for 1,700 yards and both have scored 15 TDs. One guy has played teams with .500 records or less. The other has played teams that finish the season all with 7-3 or better records. Both players helped their teams finish 1 or 2 in their region. So who gets the award? My vote would go to the player who has big time schools looking at him and has played the better teams thus having to earn his stats. Both totals look good on paper, but that can be and is often misleading. Look at the VOLS. I'm sure their stats look better in their first couple of games than they have in the last two or three.

I'd definitely expect Goodpasture's Patrick Turner to receive a nomination...he's a fantastic football player with tremendous upside.

Wes - to this point there is no way Patrick Turner should be given a vote. Yes, he is a great athlete & has the NAME but look at his numbers. They are very average for a guy that made the front page of the pre-season newspaper. I think he is under-achieving this year, so far. I expect him to really turn it on over the next few weeks & into the playoffs. At this point though he is not Mr. Football status.

People, if I am not mistaken, what you did the previous years has nothing to do with this years Mr. Football, please correct me if I am wrong.