Toilet Bowl.

ParisRiverRat

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no excuse for what happened on the field tonight. I just want to know how a program which has been competitive every year for the last 10 or 12 years ends up with a 1-9 record. (It will be 1-9, there is little doubt about that). I just don't understand it......there is more to it than just being a young team. Someone just please help us to understand why...... :D:D

Westview is young, but the problem is...no heart.....Wilson and Hobock are warriors, other than that, no heart

When you are injured, you don't play...when you are hurting or have a pain, sack it up and go!!! I am wondering if their are any jocks (straps) left in the locker room, or did they leave with the last 10 years worth of teams????

Hey, keep your heads up guys, this happens to almost everybody, you must remember, this is high school you don't recruit (at least your not supposed to anyway) :lol: you have to take what is delt to you and go with that. Everyone, (except the schools with the large enrollments) has "DRY" spells where the talent just is not exactly what it usually is. If you continue to work as hard and lift those weights it will come back. We have a very good football team this year (Lincoln County) but, I guarantee you we will be nowhere near this next year, and I think that we all know it, because of graduation.

Just keep working hard and it will get better :(

Since 1989 Martin Westview has had two losing seasons: 1991 (4-6, Coady's first year) and 1994 (5-6, but lost in playoffs at Briarcrest during Chad Clifton's senior year) and have been in post-season (bowl or playoffs) every year since 1992. It has to be tough for Charger fans losing to Union City and suffering through a hiccup year like this. But it happens. Sometimes the tributary of talent dries up. The bottom line is that to win, you need playmakers. Martin doesn't have playmakers like it used to, at least not this year. A propensity to play football well is something you either have or don't have and if you are in the latter category, then it's a scramble to find a way to finesse yourself all year without exposing too many weaknesses. Don Coady is a fine coach and tremendous educator. Even John Tucker had his bad years at Milan. Patience, folks; the Chargers will be back and in a bad mood. Same goes for Union City and Bruceton.

Edited by JPSartre

I don't doubt Coady's coaching abilities, but it is hard to watch some of the skill players who display absolutely no guts. At least give an honest effort and don't play like it is powderpuff football. Westview does have some decent young talent, but if they don't develop some kind of killer instinct and desire then, well we may be in for a LONG dry spell.