Gallatin (7-1) vs Hunters Lane (7-1)

Flipd4scr1pt

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, Hunters Lane's only loss came to H'ville 28-6.

Hunters Lane has yet to play Antioch and outside of the region they have only played 4A schools. So it is difficult to tell how good they really are. I know they have a lot of speed, but so did Smyrna, Glencliff, McGavock, and Antioch.

The one thing I'm confident that Gallatin has over HL is kicking.

I think it will be a good game, but I think Gallatin will likely pull away late.

I don't know about the size factor being in our favor this year. Coach Porter this morning said that they have some 300 lbers on the front line. While we have more speed in the backfield then last year. Actually this game worries me more than the Hendersonville game. Hunters Lane has exceptional athletes all over the field. Not only do you have to stop the run but the Lane passing game is pretty solid too. Making some of those mental mistakes like those against Hendersonville could be very costly. If I understand right, Hunters Lane runs out of the wishbone, wing-t and 5 wide sets. Talk about defensive nightmares.

Once again I think that they will key on Link. He has a huge target on his chest. Hendersonville never let him get loose and there is no reason to think that Hunters Lane with all those athletes will either. But can the Warriors stop Link and Harris...now that is a good question.

I think Gallatin will beat Hunters Lane pretty soundly. Yes the Warriors have the athletes, but they do not know how to win the BIG GAME. The teams they have played, except for Pear-Cohn, are pretty weak teams this year. Maplewood and Whites Creek, yea right, they are fodder for everyone in their regions. They have not been especially challenged and that was proven in the Hendersonville loss. With two weeks left, they face the Wave and Antioch. Let's see if they can withstand Link, and then take on all that speed at Antioch :lol::lol:

This should be a decent match-up. I will second that Hunters Lane has some big guys up front. I went to the game that the played Hendersonville. If Hunters Lane gets loose, you will have a hard time stopping them. However, Gallatin certain has what it take to do that. Gallatin's offense gets a little better every week, and I think that this week will be the same. If Gallatin's D shows up like they have pretty much all season, then they should have no problem getting a W on Friday!

My Prediction: Gallatin 35 Hunters Lane 14