Set Your Tivo's for ESPN, Friday @8pm

64TNChamp

Quacko, ...only people that have a relatively small perspective on a broader topic. One need only apply the same exclusive "logic" to government, pollution, human rights, freedom of speech, etc.

MBA, CBHS, Riverdale, BA, and the great, half century teams of Oak Ridge have and continue to represent Tennessee admirably. I'm reasonably sure that if MBA finishes in the top 10 nationally, they'll relish that accomplishment, maybe even more than a top finish in their respective division in Tennessee.

If anyone is offended by the candor I post, I humbly suggest he just continue to scroll the page. As far as having my character exposed or assaulted, I'm sorry if you feel it's necessary, but that's not the first time (I played versus Chat. Central), and probably not the last.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oak Ridge was never ranked #1, Cleveland was never ranked #1, Riverdale was never ranked #1, Lincoln Co. was never ranked #1, Red Bank was never ranked #1. The highest ranked team in Tennessee was Jefferson Co. in the late 80s ('88 I think) who finished either #2 or #3. Then comes the '95 and '96 teams of BA (private school) who finished #5 and #4 respectively. Tennessee never has nor ever will dominate the top 25 the way Texas, Florida, California, and Pennslyvania do.

Well Million to start with you know nothing about Tennessee High School Football, So don't even start with world events. This is a forum and I think if you post a subject that offends people, you will get a response (especially from me). You will also learn if you assaulte other peoples character, you will probably get that in return. Thats just the way that works. You pretend to take the high road, but try to explain to everyone why you called me out in a earlier post, and then didn't show up.

Yes MBA will be happy if they finish in the top 10 Nationally, but in what poll, and how many polls are there. How many of the top 25 will they have played. Its kinda' like when you played (if you ever did) Who did you play in the playoffs to earn that State Championship ? Oh wait I forgot the press awarded the Champion back then. Lets see now, Chatt. Central, was that as far as the state went back in '64. I guess their wasn't a Middle or West Tn. I know you wont get my point, but anyone else that reads this will.

You were careful not to include DB or some other fine Football Programs in your list that repersents Tn. DB is still #5 nationally in all time High School wins. And with all due respect to MBA we did end their 34 game win streak at their place (wich is very nice I might add) And played them to 3 overtimes up here before losing by 3 pts. Im not saying we're any better than anybody else, but we can play with anybody. I bet MBA will feel better winning their Div. because they actually played other teams to get it.

Quacko :o JaCo

MBA is going to have to win their region's golden ball in november in order to be in the top 10 in usatoday. so it's not wanting the rankin over the ring, or the other way around, it's more of wanting the whole package. and trust me, the Big Red wants nothing more than a ring on their finger, but the national ranking is very important to fans and players who are involved if you respect the feat or not...and i think it's good that almost all teams in those rankings must be undefeated, it keeps a team honest with itself, and forces them to never overlook anyone in fear of losing that ranking. and jaco you are right in saying that DB can play with anyone, just as Karns showed friday night that they can...anything can happen any night in high school football which makes it so exciting week in and week out...but i see no logic behind verbally bashing 64Tn because he's just giving his honest opinion, he likes no state more than another, he just loves high school football as a whole, and travels the nation to watch big games so he can fulfill that love of his. He's been posting on many of the MBA threads with RollRedRoll and their knowledge of stats and high school football continues toamaze me so maybe we should just listen and learn somethin from them.

and for the record Trinity is now 4-4, with loses to MBA, Elder, St. X (a team that just knocked off #7 St. Ignatius), and one other that i'm not aware of...so they are a good team, whether they should've been ranked or not. #7 St. Ignatius from Ohio and #6 Lincoln from florida both lost this weekend, so MBA should be moving from #13 to #11 in usatoday as of this coming Tuesday.

Edited by BigRed3

MBA is going to have to win their region's golden ball in november in order to be in the top 10 in usatoday. so it's not wanting the rankin over the ring, or the other way around, it's more of wanting the whole package. and trust me, the Big Red wants nothing more than a ring on their finger, but the national ranking is very important to fans and players who are involved if you respect the feat or not...and i think it's good that almost all teams in those rankings must be undefeated, it keeps a team honest with itself, and forces them to never overlook anyone in fear of losing that ranking. and jaco you are right in saying that DB can play with anyone, just as Karns showed friday night that they can...anything can happen any night in high school football which makes it so exciting week in and week out...but i see no logic behind verbally bashing 64Tn because he's just giving his honest opinion, he likes no state more than another, he just loves high school football as a whole, and travels the nation to watch big games so he can fulfill that love of his. He's been posting on many of the MBA threads with RollRedRoll and their knowledge of stats and high school football continues toamaze me so maybe we should just listen and learn somethin from them.

and for the record Trinity is now 4-4, with loses to MBA, Elder, St. X (a team that just knocked off #7 St. Ignatius), and one other that i'm not aware of...so they are a good team, whether they should've been ranked or not. #7 St. Ignatius from Ohio and #6 Lincoln from florida both lost this weekend, so MBA should be moving from #13 to #11 in usatoday as of this coming Tuesday.

Good post, BigRed. I agree with everything you said, although I'd rather see my Eagles take the Gold Ball. :)

Just to fill in a gap, the other team to whom Trinity lost was Seneca, who is currently 6-2. The Shamrocks lost by one point on what was apparently a fluke play.

Well Big Red you know I had to respond.

The logic behind verbably bashing 64tn is because he verbably bashed me, my school, and Tennessee High School Football. You must of missed alot of his post. He will always get that in return as long as he continues.

I do listen to everybody, then seperate the bullcrap from substance. I have serious doubt that 64 has traveled to see anyone play in another state, or has even played football in his life. After all I could claim I am Bart Starr. This is the internet you know. As for the knowledge of stats in High School Football, a 10yr. old can get that info from 100's of internet websites. Now thats amazing! But that would take alot of time, and for someone that had a life at all, it wouldn't be practical. So I'll leave that up to 64TNChamp.

NEXT

...Lucky enough to catch SC #1, Byrnes, Duncan vs. #5 Dorman, Spartanburg last night. 15,000, great crowd. Lots of playmakers on both sides of the ball. Both previously undefeated, Dorman was more polished, but Byrnes, supposedly "rebuilding," spread the field, made lots of athletic plays. Too many turnovers for both sides. (Byrnes led ECA at the half last year in Shreveport, only to lose by 10. EC did not reschedule--something is just not right with EC--check out Longview/EC message boards: not a lotta love.) The "Tony Poll" seems to think Summerville, the best SC team, but all roads to State Championship go through Duncan. I don't think MBA could defend them.

We can speculate all day but I'll take the top TN teams against SC every year, without hesitation. SC high school football is good and I would never bet against John McKissack at Summerville. People in TN have never heard of him, for the most part, but he is the winningest football coach ever, on any level. Last I heard he had over 500 wins and 10 state championships. I coached against him three times and helped him earn him that record three games earlier than he would have otherwise.

I bet Sumter is somewhere in the hunt at the end, also.

Byrnes is a great program that was started by Bo Corn back in the late 70's. Bo retired from coaching around 1990 after several state titles and I have heard that he is now principal at Byrnes. The Duncan community would be like Oak Ridge was in the 60's & 70's with a great mix of blue & white collar students.