Livingston at Portland

nicole

PPRIDE

I thought you were a good man, then I find out your from SC!!! OH NO!!!!! :D

Hey bigB, believe it or not, I was actually born in Hartsville. :) I had an uncle who played for TC in the early 60's.

(Oh, what a tangled web we weave!)

B)

My wife was born in Hartsville and we go to church in Trousdale Co.

GO TIGERS!!!!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a big fan of this website and have enjoyed reading posts from all sports, whether it be friendly banter or a little less than friendly(ha ha). I especially enjoy reading the posts about region 4-3A football because I live in the area. I won't make reference to exactly which team I support the most because truth be known, I have no kids that play or anything of the sort. I have just been living in the area for a while now and along with everyone else from around here I have fallen in love with high school football. I have had the great opportunity to travel to many different games in this region this year and have enjoyed it very much. This is actually the first thing that I have ever posted, and debated on wheter I should or not, but after continuing to read this thread, I finally decided that my opnion matters to me even if it does't to anyone else, and if I don't take this opportunity to tell some of you how wrong you are, then I will regret it forever. You see, Coach Perry is a person whom I admire very much. I respect his teaching and coaching abilities, and more importantly, I respect the Godly man that he is. I don't know why all this is being said about Portland now, maybe its jealousy of the past success or maybe its just pure ignorance. I don't won't to come across as rude, but just with the truth. I really just wonder how many people that have posted the negative comments about Portland have actually been down on the sidelines to hear all that they talk about hearing-because unless your there-you don't know what is said. You also don't know how the coaches handle problems at practice unless you've been there. Can you say you have? I just think that if you are going to post something directly about someone that you should know the facts- don't make them up or go by hearsay. As for the comment about the two coaches who left Portland, you are right, they were great coaches, but Portland also picked up two outstanding coaches in there place. And, if my memory serves me correctly, then the first team that I saw getting on one knee to show respect to an injured player was at Portland- many years ago. So, I don't know what that post was about. Anyway, I just thought that maybe some of you would like to read a little of the truth. As I stated before, I enjoy this website very much, but I don't enjoy reading posts about someone I call a friend when they are completley rude, disresectful, and distasteful. Coach Perry is a class guy who runs a class program- nothing less. He may be intense, the players may be intense, and even the other coaches may be intense, but quite fankly, I haven't seen many successful programs without that intensity. So, before you post again, please ask yourself this : do I know this for a fact? because if you don't then please do me a favor and keep it to yourself. Antwan- your a class guy, thanks for the support. PPRIDE- keep hanging in there! Way to support your team until the end! You are what a true fan looks like! Go region 4-3A!

I was born in Hartsville. I work in Portland. My English Teacher at Vol State teaches at Smith Co. and I have several freinds there. I went to High School at Macon Co. I can tell you the truth here is that all the schools have a few bad apples. Trousdale and Portland in the last 10 years have seen a decline in Sportmanship. Both have ran up the score other teams and padded their players stats. Some of Portland and Trousdale fans have become cocky and downright rude. I have watched several games involing the teams (not all of them vs MC) and it would be good for them if they both of them had a few lean years like MC and SC have had over the last several years.

Edited by MaconCotgr

I was born in Hartsville. I work in Portland. My English Teacher at Vol State teaches at Smith Co. and I have several freinds there. I went to High School at Macon Co. I can tell you the truth here is that all the schools have a few bad apples. Trousdale and Portland in the last 10 years have declined in Sportmanship. Both have run up the score other teams and pad their players stats. Some of Portland and Trousdale fans have become cocky and downright rude. I have watched several games involing the teams (not all of them vs MC) and it would be good for them if they both of them had a few lean years like MC and SC have had over the last several years.

SC...a few bad apples? Nah...surely not. :angry:

teams like tc and p-town have fans that are spoiled to winning and if they aren't winning, instead of getting behind the team and giving them a little support, they get frustrated and as you said "cocky". I know there are some exceptions of a few good, true fans, but the key word here is few. it is sad, but true.

SC...a few bad apples?  Nah...surely not. :angry:

Now Twan, I remember a few of those myself many years ago. Hey, you and Fan could have been a couple of them! B) Hmmmm.......... maybe I don't want to know who ya'll are. :( But, then again........why not? This could really get fun!

B)

Edited by PPride

teams like tc and p-town have fans that are spoiled to winning and if they aren't winning, instead of getting behind the team and giving them a little support, they get frustrated and as you said "cocky". I know there are some exceptions of a few good, true fans, but the key word here is few. it is sad, but true.

My only hope is Macon fans don't become like that. It can happen to anyone. Alot of the MC fans on this board are acting cocky (please stop it guys), but trust me they were not fans of this team in 1995 or 1996. When we were alwful. I actually had a TC fan threaten me with a pocketkinfe when Portland played TC. He was running down Portland and I told him portland would win (which they did 52-12). My mother's 2nd cousin is the Sherrif in TC and he had to call for extra Troopers for the MC vs TC game because he though that MC would win and that some of the drunk TC fans would start a fight.

#1fballfan

It is nice to have you aboard, as a true TC fan I agree with the fact that fans expect undefeated seasons or 1 loss seasons here and @ Ptown. I think everyone needs to relax with this whole topic. I know some of our fans did not handle themselves well a couple of years ago in the playoff game, and there are bad apples everywhere.

My only hope is Macon fans don't become like that. It can happen to anyone. Alot of the MC fans on this board are acting cocky (please stop it guys), but trust me they were not fans of this team in 1995 or 1996. When we were alwful. I actually had a TC fan threaten me with a pocketkinfe when Portland played TC. He was running down Portland and I told him portland would win (which they did 52-12). My mother's 2nd cousin is the Sherrif in TC and he had to call for extra Troopers for the MC vs TC game because he though that MC would win and that some of the drunk TC fans would start a fight.

Ah...no cut...no foul. At least in TC. :angry: