whats up with collinwood coach?

ssssssss

I went to the collinwood , boro game the other night and totally freaked out with coach statom. He has the best running back in the state and a running attack no one has even come close to stopping and he runs the freaking shotgun for the entire game and risner barely sees the ball all night?????????????????????????????????????????????????????? What the heck was that all about.......? To make matters worse they tried to go no huddle and couldnt even get the ball snapped in time............!!!!!!! This ruined several drives..............The sophomore jacob dixon is gonna be a good player but good grief coach he isnt steve mcnair. Did risner mess up and is he being disciplined or something. Any coach who wasnt brain dead would have given him the ball at least thirty times in that game!!!!!!!! The boro couldnt stop it, nobody could. The only thing that i could figure out was maybe statom figures hes got nothing for the playoffs and hes already putting in next years offense.......Thing is you dont get anywhere in the playoffs if you cant run the ball.........The jonathan ward teams proved that. Personally i would just pitch left and right to risner all night and make reservations at murfreesboro. Sure a team needs to throw but not every freakin down especially when you are in the red zone !!!!!!!!!!!! ONe more thing......hey coach, you need to put the two best atheletes you have on the corners, especially if you are gonna play man every freakin snap........im sure no 13 is a sweet kid who works his behind off but i can see opposing teams licking their chops everytime hes out there all by himself..........I noticed waynesboro throwing over their from the opening snap all the way till the end. The cpa game last year should have proved how important good corner play is...........Thats all i got to say.....congrats to waynesboro for taking advantage of weak coaching.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SSSSS YOU ARE TOTALLY RIGHT ON FRIDAY NIGHTS GAME. C'WOOD DID NOT PLAY TO THE BEST OF THERE ABILITY AND I KNOW IT IS EASY TO JUST BLAME THE LOST ON THE COACH. BUT WHAT IN THIS WORLD WAS HE THINKING. OR WAS HE THINKING AT ALL. COLT NEEDED THE BALL SEVERAL MORE TIMES. AND WHO KNOWS WHAT WAS UP WITH THAT SHOTGUN THAT THREW EVERYONE OFF ESPICALLY THE C'WOOD PLAYERS. I KNOW YOU DON'T WANT TO BE TO PREDICTIBLE AS A COACH BUT YOU HAVE TO GO WITH WHAT GETS YOU THERE AND COLT IS WHAT HAS GOTTEN C'WOOD TO THAT POINT. NOT DOWNING ANY OF THE OTHER PLAYERS BECAUSE THEY ARE WHAT HAS ALSO GOT C'WOOD THERE BUT YOU HAVE TO GIVE COLT THE BALL IF YOU EXPECT TO WIN A FOOTBALL GAME.

i asked the same question after the game. not because i thaught it would have changed the outcome of the game but why not give it to your best player. just seemed kinda odd.

he did have that one really good run but after that we contained him really good on his other 8 carrys so maybe that's why they didn't give it to him. but in all honesty, if cwood played the option well against us, we wouldn't just abandon it cause it gets the ball in our best players hands. heck, when you have as much talent and joseph or colt, you need the ball in your hands way more than what colt got it. joseph carried the ball 33 times and colt had 9 carrys. to both be the best players on each team, that is quite a bit of difference in carrys. cwood has got to get the ball in colt's hands. that's all there is to it.

I dont think its all the coach's fault over the loss to wayne co. most of it is collinwoods "D" they started lettiing down on the pass and then they were just expecting pass throughout the game especialy at the end with the run from micah hardin for 30 or so yards..... and when joseph went down holding his knee they let up that next play and he got some yardage on them....they say the coach was cursed with play calling i think most of it was from the deffensive playin for collinwood ...... they need to work on there corners up against teams like wayne co. , cascade( who they got friday), and eagleville aint tobad at passing but most of all they need to watch out with cascade who has a pretty good QB that can throw and run..... best of luck to the coaching as yall say LOL and to the Trojans v.s. The Champions(cascade)

wildcatpride(seth) do you got msn messenger? add me there dis_is_atkins@hotmail.com

This is a hypothetical (sp) question. Dont bash me. I have heard since the CPA fiasco, that if CPA finished 4th they would travel to Collinwood in the first round of the playoffs, that is if Collinwood won the region, now Collinwood will probably be 2nd. Does anyone think that Collinwoods coach was thinking about that possible situation. It sounds like it to me. I know you go out to win every Friday night BUT is Coach Statom trying to think ahead & it sounds like to me that he ran some out-of-the-ordinary plays. Again, I was thinking hypothetically. Give me some feedback.

This is a hypothetical (sp) question. Dont bash me. I have heard since the CPA fiasco, that if CPA finished 4th they would travel to Collinwood in the first round of the playoffs, that is if Collinwood won the region, now Collinwood will probably be 2nd. Does anyone think that Collinwoods coach was thinking about that possible situation. It sounds like it to me. I know you go out to win every Friday night BUT is Coach Statom trying to think ahead & it sounds like to me that he ran some out-of-the-ordinary plays. Again, I was thinking hypothetically. Give me some feedback.

If CPA beat DCA this week, they will most likely finish 3rd in 5-1A, hence they would probably visit Collinwood week 1.

No. Collinwood losing to Wayne County on purpose and listening to them the next 12 months? Or vice versa? Never.