Oak Ridge vs. Ooltewah

boyfromsi

Ok, time to talk about the game this Friday at the fabled "Nest." Looking forward to a great game; I thought last year's was a classic. I haven't heard much from the Owl fans who have been quite vocal over the past several weeks. I don't know much about the Owls this year except they have had a tough rebuilding season. I am looking for the Wildcats to get back on track with the offense and continue to improve on an already awesome defense. My prediction 28-7 Wildcats

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're right scarface, it has potential to get ugly. I actually think this will be Ooltewah's best game of the year. Now I don't necessarily mean a win by any means. Oak Ridge is definately the team to beat in the region. I just think Ooltewah will do well relative to the rest of the season.

I say close game for the first 2 quarters. After that who knows....Oak Ridge will definately be bringing it. Nothing's impossible, but we'll see....

Oak Ridge 42, Ooltewah 31

I know that's a lot of scoring, but that's what I'm gonna go with.

Overlook of The Game:

Well it has come the time in the Chattanooga Football season for the ugly to get uglier. That may be exactly what will happen Friday night at Ooltewah High School. The Owls coming into this game broken and bruised, might just want to look for a way to get out. The attack of Oak Ridge led by Booker might be the best in the State at 5A. Oak Ridge is big, strong, and powerful. Not only to go along with that power comes the speediest running back in the state. The Owls will have their handful on Friday night. Ooltewah has to look for a way to keep everyone away from injury and from turning the ball over in this game to keep it close. This is a team that has struggle with all kinds of problems all year. Ooltewah has turned the ball over, had QB controversy that has led to team controversy, and has had a number of injuries. Ooltewah’s Ted Gatewood was reported saying after the 37 – 12 loss to Soddy Daisy that this team was going to just look to have fun the rest of the season. Well, I don’t know how much fun you can have getting pounded by Oak Ridge. Ooltewah will have to play by far there best game of the year, and a flawless, turnover less ball game to make it a game.

Back and Forth at QB:

Ooltewah had a stable QB for the most part last year in Justin Higdon. He would take duties for Blake Foster when Foster was needed to run the ball or catch it. Even though Higdon didn’t get to pass the ball a lot, many felt they were preparing him to be the All- Around QB in his Junior year. Yet, A young Sophomore Zack Woods came through and looked like a good prospect to challenge Higdon at this position. Then first three games the QB’s alternated every other series. It didn’t matter if one had thrown a 75-yard TD pass; they were coming out the next series. Woods look a little nervous while in the games, which was understandable for a young QB. He looked good in the pocket and for the most part made smart decisions. His most impressive asset was that he was so patient for a young guy. Sometimes this came back to haunt him though, sometimes he waited to long and had to force the ball into coverage. This has given him an average of around 1.5 INT’s a game. Higdon’s stats looked much better in the paper every Saturday morning. He had more passing yards, better ratings, and threw just 1 INT in the first three games. Yet, Woods was awarded the starting position, there was no obvious reasoning behind, it just happened that way. Many of the team’s players split because of the decision, and led to huge controversy. Woods played a decent game controlling the team, but then he got yanked the next game at William Blount and Higdon took over. Once again losing at Blount Woods was once again awarded the spot. Woods then got hurt against Bradley Central and Higdon took over for the last three games. Yet, against Soddy Daisy Higdon played a good ball game, but got a concussion on an option play to back Marcus Williams. Higdon finished the game out, but has not been cleared to play this week. Yet, Woods should return this week and get the spot. This team has not been able to have a stable leader/QB all year, which has contributed to the fact that they haven’t been able to pull it all together. Running back has also been a swinging door all year with Marcus Williams and Elliot Harris. Marcus started the year, and then got moved to full back. But Elliot Harris broke his collarbone; so now Marcus Williams finds himself back at running back. Ooltewah has not had a setline up all year, which has affected their play. Going into a game a player is never sure if he will get the start or not. Ooltewah needs to clear everything up before next season.

My Prediction: Oak Ridge 42 Ooltewah 19

Not knowing who's going to start happens when you're so young. And until this year Ooltewah has had the players that you knew should be starting. there never was controversy....No Flanagan, Howard, Sanders, Foster, Matherson, etc and there's no cut and dry answer to who should be starting...

It happens, and I think like you said, things will be straightened out by next year for the most part!

Too late for all that talk now though...we got 2 games to play and we gotta make the best of 'em!

Go Owls!