Oak Ridge vs. Ooltewah

boyfromsi

Well, where do you begin on this one? Ooltewah has never lost to Oak Ridge...Considering we've only played them twice (correct me if I'm wrong on that one)...Oak Ridge is definitely the team to beat...Ooltewah better be prepared this friday night...I'm up here at the Newman and I hear a lot of news from the knoxville/tri-cities area, and it seems that the big Dobyns-Bennett got taken down by Karns...No one expected this major upset...There's something magical in the nest on friday nights and I know this from experience...the Owls have to capture that tomorrow night to make it a good game...there's nothing I'd rather see than a big upset here...and back to the corn fed statement made earlier, what about that Jonathan Mason that Ooltewah had a few years ago? I hear he went from 215 his senior year to 270 and is playin college ball now...at 6'6", that guy must be a stud player, and he's still young...well, I'll catch ya'll next week at the Farragut game for anyone who is goin to be there, cause I will...alright, holla at me if you know the digits...

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

91STATE CHAMP,

My email address is DCCATVOICE@aol.com. I got fired up by your statement about being a Wildcat. If you were on that 1991 team then you do know what its all about. I look forward to hearing from you. As for this game, Oak Ridge will need to bring its A game because after speaking with Coach Gatewood yesterday, he thinks his Owls are right on the verge of being a good football team. I hope there is a huge turnout from Oak Ridge because this is their senior night and the Cats are one win away from the Region Title. Drop me a line anytime. David

It just seems to me that OR is ready to take care of business against the Owls after they have lost to them 2 years in a row now. I think that it will be a close game, but i think OR's offense will get back on track and take care of business. I could be wrong, but this is my prediction...ORHS-37 OHS-25

ACCARP

I agree with you EagleDT...and yes that Mason kid has turned out to be a stud!

As for the game, as much as I would like to see an Ooltewha win here, the odds are definately against us. But I most certainly am not counting the Owls out. I don't want to get accused of any negative feedback! I still think this could be the Owls best games this year. Ooltewah may not win, but they look better than they have, and they keep it close.

Go Owls!