Austin East's Coach Stockdale

troyofman

I know Austin East has an outstanding football program, but I think they have become twice as potent with the addition of Coach Phil Stockdale?? The school he was at before didnt know what they were losing when the "Rear Admiral" left for Roadrunner country!!! Ky. HS football lost a good coach when Stockdale headed south to football country. Good luck to Austin East in their bid for a State Title. They are a step closer with the addition of Stockdale to their staff. What head jobs will be open next year that may try to woo Stockdale away??

Watch out for that Big Wooden Horse!!!!

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stockdale is a roadrunner to stay. I am sure he want to stay around to see Albert Harris and MCAllister finish up. Those two guys along with Elliot Bishop will go on to play big time college ball. And you never know what's up after that. He also has a heck of a freshmen group. Stevens and my boy graham are not going to let the Stock go down. hint hint. The Market looks good.

I would say the "Rear Admiral" Stockdale is in a great situation, but you have to believe that any program wanting a good young enthusiastic football coach with good PR skills and football knowledge will make it hard for him to say no to a head coaching job. The future is bright for Coach Stockdale. Moving to TN may have been a wise move, but KY sure hated to see him go. Wonder if he made it to Court Days last week??

Watch out for that Big Wooden Horse!!!

The thing that separates Coach Stockdale from others is his enthusiasm and drive to succeed. AE is lucky to have an asst. with as much enthusiasm and love for the game. His players feed off of his intensity and are always ready and prepared on Friday nights. If AE walks through the playoffs with a State Championship, look for several schools to be in a bidding war for his services!!!

Watch out for that Big Wooden Horse!!!

By the way Troyofman talks, Stockdale has won these games on his own at AE. I'm sure he is a good coach, but AE would Be 9-0 without him. Coach Graham has done a wonderful job the past two years. I 'm sure he (stockdale) realizes he has walked into a good situation. He might be a good coach with great athletes, because if he was at Karns and Campbell Co , what did they do while he was there. Good luck to AE, and bring another Gold Ball home. Good luck to coach Stockdale, but layoff the pat on the back.

Good point Placall, but my point is that Stockdale has done an outstandign job as an asst. coach, and too many times, asst. coaches go unnoticed. Stockdale has groomed himself in good programs and will be a very solid head coach when the right position arises. Good luck to the Rear Admiral and the Roadrunners of Austin East!!!!

Watch out for that Big Wooden Horse!!