Tn girls rankings for 2003-04 for each class

hoop20

My opinion on the top ten players in the senior, junior, and sophmore class:

Senior

1. Alex Fuller - Shelbyville Central High School - Shelbyville Sport Shop AAU

2. Sade Buley - South Doyle High School - Shelbyville Sport Shop AAU

3. Ashleigh Newman - Shelbyville Central High School - Shelbyville Sport Shop AAU

4. Laura Hall - Oliver Springs High School - Shelbyville Sport Shop AAU

5. Katrina Beechboard - Livingston High School - TN Elite AAU

6. Marissa Hensley - Jackson County High School - Shelbyville Sport Shop AAU

7. Kristen Spann - Lawrence County High School - Shelbyville Sport Shop AAU

8. Lakira Boyd - Kirby High School - West TN Tigers AAU

9. Stefanie Holbrook - Oak Ridge High School - Shelbyville Sport Shop AAU

10. Robyn Leslie - Giles County High School - Shelbyville Sport Shop AAU

Junior

1. Latoya Bullard - Craigmont High School - Memphis Showboats AAU

2. Jessica Jackson - Ridgeway/Craigmont High School - Memphis Showboats AAU

3. Erin Ogan - Powell High School - TN Stars AAU

4. Melissa Leibswager - Briarcrest High School - TN Stars AAU

5. Holly Rogers - Cleveland High School - TN Stars AAU

6. Karmen Smith - Oak Ridge High School - Shelbyville Sport Shop 16s AAU

7. April Snipes - Shelbyville Central High School - Shelbyville Sport Shop 16s AAU

8. Meagan Lyons - Greeneville High School - Shelbyville Sport Shop 16s AAU

9. Angela Webb - Hamilton High School - Memphis Showboats AAU

10. Natalie Munday - Farragut High School - Shelbyville Sport Shop 14s AAU

Sophmore

1. Cait McMahan - Heritage High School - TN Stars 15s AAU

2. Alliesha Easley - Briarcrest High School - Memphis Elite AAU

3. Latoya Bellamy - Martin Westview - TN Stars 15s AAU

4. KeKe Stewart - Oak Ridge High School - TN Tigers AAU

5. Bianca Thomas - Chester County High School - Shelbyville Sport Shop AAU

6. Brandy Brown - York High School - TN Stars 15s AAU

7. Jackie Pickel - Bradley County High School - Shelbyville Sport Shop AAU

8. Alexis Givands - Kirby High School - West TN Lady Tigers 16s AAU

9. Abby Lawson - Cheatham County High School - Cheatham AAU

10. Jessica Mooney - Hillsboro High School - Team Pride 15s AAU

The AAU teams are based on who the kids played for this past summer in AAU nationals.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is there no mention of any Chattanooga area players? I agree with Bearettefan in that those three players should definitely be top twenty in the state. Also, I think that Red Bank has a senior player that has been overlooked and I hope she stays that way so she can continue dominating misinformed opponents. I will not mention her name simply because I want you guys to read about her and hear about her for yourself, not from me. Just keep Red Bank girls basketball in the back of your mind, they will win their district (6aaa) and I think compete this year for the region title. So I said it first, no one will take credit for it because I, greatest, have claimed that right.

Like anyoneelse I have biase. Their team went 10-1 at Middle Tennessee and won a camp at UCA in Arkansas that had several larger schools at it. Kirkland started for West TN Lady tigers, which played sportshop to a 3 point game and lead until the last 2 minutes. Franklin has won Defensive player of camp at UT twice during high school.

I was just throwing out names from this side of the state.

I do know that fuller didn't play in that game and she would have made a tremendous difference. At least 20 points in my opinion. The rest of the wins for WEst TN lady tigers were comfortable, 10 or more points, so you have to give those girls some credit. The Memphis paper does a poor job of publizing high school sports aside from football and the smaller community papers don't have enough circulation to give the girls much exposure. I am not sure about names but there are a couple of girls at Hamilton and a post at Northside that are tall strong players.

Buckelew went to Bradley because she was having to play behing Holly Rogers at Cleveland. Plus the Cleveland coaching staff is not getting the job done with all the talent that Dawn Rogers has brought in. She'll get looks now by colleges because of Harlow's coaching Technique.District 5-AAA is wide open this year!

i hate to do this and dont mean to bash my fellow patriots many times, but sarah riddle is severely overrated, decided to sit out for a long period of time with just a minor elbow injury, which tells me she is soft, if she had half the grit and toughness that her sister had, then she would be all state, but until that happens she will be a big underachiever

I agree that Riddle is overated, but not for the reason you give. I feel that she needs more experience and confidence on the floor along with work on her foot work and shooting.

I think you will agree with me regarding her toughness once you have the following information regarding her injury from last year. I got this directly from her family.

After she blocked a shot by Blackman player Nikki Hughes and was then intentionally tripped and pushed down by Hughes, she hit the floor and landed on her elbow. This resulted in her seperating her elbow, which means it came out of it's socket just like a shoulder will when it is seperated. While lying on the floor she reached down and reset her elbow herself by squeezing it back into place. She was then taken off the floor and sat out for approximately 2 minutes. This happened in the third quarter of the game. She got "taped" and came back in to play the rest of the game. She scored a couple of points, got four rebounds and blocked at least two more shots, all the time taking hits on her injured elbow. The next week she practiced with the team, but continued to have pain and "popping" in her elbow whenever she shot the ball. Her parents took her to be examined by a doctor who diagnosed a torn MCL in her right elbow. She was given the choice: continue to play and take the chance of completely tearing the MCL and have to undergo surgery, or sit out the rest of the season and let the injured area strengthen up and avoid surgery. Her parents made the decision for her and benched her the rest of the season. She did play AAU with the Tennessee Elite in the spring and summer wearing a brace on her elbow. She should be good to go this fall.

I think she has all the right stuff to give Grandstaff a good post player if she gets some help from the coaches with her footwork and shooting. Hopefully you won't have to "bash" your fellow patriots on her account this year.

i hate to do this and dont mean to bash my fellow patriots many times, but sarah riddle is severely overrated, decided to sit out for a long period of time with just a minor elbow injury, which tells me she is soft, if she had half the grit and toughness that her sister had, then she would be all state, but until that happens she will be a big underachiever

:o hey oakland2001 you need to read the post by five re riddle. maybe you ought to get a little more info before bashing a patriot by the way rick insell doen't recruit of pay for player, just ask anyone from shelbyville.

(you know it hurts to type with your tongue in your cheek)