Lebanon Theft Scandal

toejamwarrior

How many of these children that look up to these guys do you suppose actually know about this? I doubt very many...

I don't have a child, but I can't say that when I do, that I would stop them from atempting to pull a great prank off against a rival school. Heck, I was going to pull a great thing off at Centennial my senior year and even told my dad about it. Told me he didn't mind but he wouldn't come get me in jail if I got caught... CHS ended up taking some stuff down that I was going to mess up, but oh well.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Atta boy toejam, that's exactly right about what you said. These players should be setting good examples for these younger kids and when they make a mistake, then they should be man enough to say that "I made a mistake, what I did was wrong". Are these players sorry that they stole these things or are they sorry that they got caught?

The time is now for us to take a stand and stop condoning crime!! Who's with me??!! To all of the liberal crime condoners out there, YOU NEED TO LOOK AT WHAT YOU ARE SAYING, I WOULD GUARANTEE YOU THAT IF ANYONE TOOK ANYTHING FROM YOU AS A PRANK THAT YOU WOULD BE VERY UPSET, IM TALKING SOMETHING FROM YOU THAT YOU PAYED SOME BIG MONEY FOR. HELMETS COST A PRETTY GOOD AMOUNT IF YOU ASK ME. You need to check yourself the next time you condone crime. Maybe that's why so many people are thieves, because we have these knuckleheads out there condoning crime.

Edited by toejamwarrior

Darn, you hit me right to a T. I am that exactly- a knucklehead that condones crime.

I can't say whether this was a crime or not. You can't either. Only the guys who did it know what their intent was. I have a strong feeling it was good-natured though.

They could have had a fine collection by the end of the season.

Some people are just too uptight.

What do you mean theman, dont you agree with our buddy fhsrebel. We should condone what these players did. Im sure there was no harm meant in what they did. Im just joking. I agree with what toejam says. These kids took something that didn't belong to them. We shouldn't condone it and neither should you fhsrebel, or anyone for that matter.

I second what theman said

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!!

According to www.law.com's Law Dictionary, Theft is synonymous with Larceny.

Larceny is defined as follows, and I quote:

larceny

n. the crime of taking the goods of another person without permission (usually secretly), with the intent of keeping them. It is one form of theft.

Was this a crime, according to the law it is. According to the Bible it is a sin. Accoridng to me, it is both. Get real folks. Crime is crime. Let's say NO to crime!

If the assailants broke into the locker room from which they stole the helmets, then that is, my friends, burglary. Burglary is defined as follows, I quote.

burglary

n. the crime of breaking and entering into a structure for the purpose of committing a crime. No great force is needed (pushing open a door or slipping through an open window is sufficient) if the entry is unauthorized. Contrary to common belief, a burglary is not necessarily for theft.

Not only by law could they be charged with larceny, they could also be charged with burglary, IF, and I mean IF (as in I do not know if they broke in) they broke into the locker rooms from which they stole the helmets.

Thank you for your time, and good day.

Guest region4fan

Okay, let's explore one more avenue. Athletes are a very superstitious breed. I know I sure was when I played and so was my son. Let's look at a kid's helmet....especially one that a senior has had all 4 years of school. Now at my school, if you made a sack, a great hit, got an INT, scored a TD,or made a great block for A TD, etc.....you got a decal. At my school it was a spear. Well, my helmet had a large amount of spears on it. I was especially proud when I strutted out on that field cause mine was one of the most decorated on the team. Now I would especially think that a prankster would take special notice of my helmet as it was so decorated. They know right away that the most decorated helmets belong to the playmakers on the team. I was so proud of my helmet/ My mom actually took pics of just my helmet each week for my photo album.It had all kinds of colors on it for the great hits I had made.... slashes of reds, blues, greens....all battle scars of great hits head to head against my opponents. Sorry if it sounds vain, but it is true.. I had certain game rituals before each game that even involved my helmet. Now don't you think that the pranksters would go after the most decorated of the helmets? That would really be the most logical, wouldn't it? as that would hurt the team 's players the most. Now Rebel, tell me how you would feel when you went to your locker and found your precious helmet gone? That helmet that was a documentary of your last high school year? Especially when you were a senior.Some coaches give the seniors their helmets or allow them to purchase them. Especially if you were on a team that had not done as well as you had dreamed? At least you had that helmet to show that you had done your part, that you had played your heart out...that you had loved the game and played it well. Now add in that since yours was gone, you had to get a new one. One w/o all your battle scars.............one that you based all your superstitions and game rituals on...............................I think you know what that would do to a kid. It is a total slap in the face..........what was exactly what these kids did to these players.The ultimate humiliation....to wear a helmet with NO decals..................Now you just sit and think about that................really think about that. I can tell you Rebel that that would be the ultimate slap in the face, just as these boys intended it to be. Imagine walking out for senior night, not with your helmet full of spears and other team's paint....but in one that was a shiny bright white....................you a senior and a captain. The unknowing crowd from the other school snickers.......a bench warmer...................Think about it Rebel. As passionate about football as you are....think about that total humiliation?? Would a little letter of apology cut it when you have been w/o your helmet for almost 4 weeks?? was it just a funny little prank??

ToeJamWarrior and Region4Fan made my point in their long diatribe - don't think they meant to, though!

The helmets taken were from a freshman locker room and no one broke in there - NO BREAKING AND ENTERING - the team dressed and undressed in there.

The helmets were not taken with the intent of keeping them - it was a stupid - I repeat STUPID, ill conceived, STUPID, prank.

The shirts taken were lying around - no one had to hunt for them - they were out in plain sight, as were the helmets.

I - nor anyone I know associated with the Lebanon High School football program - condones breaking the law.

What we do show is "Grace" to kids learning how to get around in this world.

We all make mistakes - some BIG mistakes, some small. Sometimes those mistakes cause us to pay a high price, sometimes a legal price, sometimes no price. There is no guarantee in this world - it is not a perfect society and until it is, the school is the only one to deal with this and they did it the way they deemed best.

You don't know what punishment was dealt to these kids - rumors and scuttlebutt don't report it accurately.

Again, I repeat - these kids and all the players on Lebanon High School's football team are paying a HUGE price for the foolishness of a few. Tonight's game decides second place in our Region - Lebanon goes into this game down at least 15 players - many of those starters.

Is that fair to those on the team who worked so hard to get where the team is?

No, it is not but then, life is not fair.

You all who seem to have all the answers as to what Lebanon should or shouldn't do about this situation - I challenge you to step in the shoes of those who have walked this path this past week.

So if someone comes into my home and I have things laying around and they didn't have to look for them then they should just take them it's just a prank no breaking and entering they were just there!

GET REAL!! Didn't your momma teach you to respect other peoples property!

Well mine did and what the kids did was wrong!black and white cut and dry no two sides about it! I said they should be put to community service maybe cleaning the other schools grounds for a week but they should also be off the football team!That type of player should not represent a program!

As a coach I once kicked a RB off my team because he told a teach to shutup well now that RB is a star player at a school! I don't know if he has learned any respect but I hope that he has and I helped!Someone has to help teach todays kids(tomorrows adults) if we don't this place we live in is only going to get worse!It all starts small then it grows!It wasn't a terrible thing to do but it was wrong!What will it be next time the schools trophys the schools bus,the principals car it has to stop somewhere and it is easier to stop when it is still just a "prank"

That's my feelings!

GO LCHS FALCONS!!!!

Drop this thread and get back to discussing football. The boys are being disciplined, leave it at that. None of us are so perfect that we need to become judge and jury. Please try and remember that no matter how big these kids are physically, they still have the minds of kids. I agree that discipline has to administered, but let's leave that to the coach and school officials. I do not know this coach or the principal at this school but I trust that they are capable of handling this situation. This is an unfortunate situation, let's not make it worse.