Oak Ridge Wins

boyfromsi

Payback time at the Nest! Oak Ridge played very well in a lop-sided victory over the Owls of Ooltewah. By doing so they clinched a tie for the Region 2 championship and home-field advantage for the playoffs. I thought this was the first time we played well on both sides of the ball at the same time. We moved the ball well on the ground and through the air. The D was awesome, Ooltewah really couldn't do anything except when we put in the reserves. Good to see us back on our game just in time to face a very good team in Soddy Daisy.

Edited by boyfromsi

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good job to Oak Ridge. I won't say anything about the actualy game cause there's really nothing to say..haha!

I would like to take a moment and compliment Oak Ridge. Not necessarily on their performance on the field, but their attitude, sportsmanship, and class. I was very impressed last night by the class act that Oak Ridge brought down to the Nest. They cheered for their team, the players showed some excitement after a score, etc, but nothing overboard and nothing cheap. Teams such as Chattanooga Central need to take some lessons from this Oak Ridge team.

I hated to see Ooltewah get drilled, however it doesn't bother me so much when you get beat by a better team, and a team who shows good sportsmanship when they win - no matter by how much. Very well coached, and could be a model team for many programs.

Obviously the Owls are out of any kind of playoff picture, so I wish Oak Ridge the best as they finish out their season. They shouldn't have any problem whatsoever with Soddy next week.

Good luck to Oak Ridge, and I'd love to see the state championship brought home to Region 2-5A!

But still....Go Owls!

Edited by GradfromtheNest

Obviously the Owls are out of any kind of playoff picture, so I wish Oak Ridge the best as they finish out their season. They shouldn't have any problem whatsoever with Soddy next week

pretty bold statement.SD whipped Ooltewah pretty good too.I remember.Not sure it'll be as bad as you think.

Yes, Cory was hurt last week against Farragut. I thought he played well, especially as a decoy. Ooltewah really went for the fakes to him. I just keep hoping that teams keep up the belief that Booker is all we have. We had six, count em, different players score touchdowns Friday night. For the SD fans, now you will get our undivided attention. Seriously, I have been proud of our guys for taking the games one week at a time. Next week's game should be a great one, both teams are playing very well now, looking forward to seeing it.

BTW, Willie!! Looking for your comments on the game.

Thanks for the nice comments Owl fan sounds like your a class act as well.

Roll Wildcats !! I still cant understand what the problem was in our two low scoring wins. This team has a brother to brother relationship as well as a teammate relationship. By the look of things at the owl nest they are back on track rollin like big dogs. Also a heads up for the next few years JV went undefeated and the freshmen are undefeated heading into the east TN large school championship which they won last year also an undefeated freshman season.

2 things happened in our 2 low scoring wins:

1. The offense struggled. Way too many penalties that stopped drives cold and kept us from gaining momentum during the game. Also, both teams' defenses played outstanding games against us. However, in those 2 games, if the offense was sharp, there would have been a greater margin of victory Which leads me to point 2....

2. An ever improving defense. Since the DB game, our starting defense has given up no more than 1 TD in any game. In fact, in the last 2 games, our starting defense has given up no touchdowns.

Like I said earlier, I am glad we got it together on both sides of the ball, but I would say the most impressive part of the Wildcat's game down the stretch is the defensive play.