Warren Co. Football team

Falconstatman

I'd just like to take the time to say that if you are from Warren Co. or play for W.C. you should be proud of this group of young men, and coaches that you have.

No, not that they are the best football team in the state, because they are not.

In last night's game W.C.'s football team came down to the Pit, knowing in their minds that they didn't have a chance of upsetting the Falcons, but, they never quit trying up to the very end, although they probably had a lot of reasons to, they didn't. I didn't see any of their players jumping on each other, or blaming each other for a mistake. The coaches didn't cry and whine to the refs. about every call, or no-call, during the game like some of the other teams that we've played this year have. They never quit trying, and I saw them helping each other up, and displaying sportsmanship throughout the game. There were no personal fouls or unsportmanlike conduct penalites against them during the game, they hardly had any penalites at all. They played several underclassmen during the game which should help them in the future.

I believe that if all the people that are associated with the W.C. football program would take a moment to learn from these young men and coaches on how to deal with this adversity that they have, they will overcome it. :D

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes you play/coach for the simple love of the game. Maybe WC can build on this experience of never quitting and start upward again. Good luck to my friend.

As I understand it there are several quality coaches who are applying for the job. Two or three who are on staff may apply and I know of at least two from successful programs who are applying for the job. Both of them can do a great job!

Guest region4fan

FALCONSTATMAN.........what a great post! You folk at LC sure have class. Good luck to the players, fans, and parents at Warren County. Sometimes good things come from having to deal with strife and turmoil.Good luck!

Does anyone outside the system have a decent chance of getting the head coaching job or will it go to someone inside? It sounds like an exciting job for a person who wants to work hard, hope the people will give the right person time to build up the program from the ground up.

Why don't you apply!

It's about time people are offering support to Warren Co...instead of mouthing about them...I'm glad to see it...and I'm glad to know that they haven't given up...that they keep going...that's what it takes...You can offer excuses every day of the week for why you were beaten...but when a team takes a hit like this one has for the past couple of years...and the kids stick with it...the coaches stick with it...it shows class and integrity...I wish the best to all that are associated with Warren Co...especially one of ours...Keep on...your day will come...