FRA at CPA

my2sons

FRA at CPA this Friday. The Lions sure can't take this on for granted. I saw this contest back in 2000. FRA had a great game plan, the Lions really couldn't get untracked. If an FRA field goal attempt hadn't sailed right, they would've won the game. I'm sure Coach Pack will remind the current team of that near loss, and the need to play well the entire game.

ADAD, if your statement of an impending retirement is forthcoming, I'm sure the Panthers would like nothing more than to send off the coach with a victory over the Lions. Even though the Lions have had the upper hand the last few years, there have been some real battles on the hill and in the den, and over in Bellevue.

I think CPA's seniors will motivate this team also. A few of the seniors have had set-backs this year with injuries ( Will Hooper and Levi Crabtree) and want to finish out a sensational 4 year high school career on a high note. They want to play six more games. I think they can do it! One game at a time! This week is FRA and in recent years we have not been at our best with them. This year will be different. CPA all the way on this game.

Edited by FBGIRL

Obviously CPA are heavy favorites for this game, but as we have seen in previous years this does not always follow the path of what would be expected. In 1997, CPA were visiting a really good FRA team in the playoffs and won it with just a few seconds left with a TD pass to Hunter Daniel. In 2000, CPA had dominated every team for the first 5 games with a combined score of something like 260-7 and were nearly beat by FRA and as described above, only a failed field goal prevented them defeating CPA. Last year the game was full of mistakes by both teams.

I do know this CPA team is taking nothing for granted especially after in effect restarting the season 3 weeks ago. If FRA win, they will be in the playoffs and CPA's berth would again depend upon other scores. If CPA win, FRA will miss the playoffs for the 3rd year in a row. People may look at this as just another game but both team have a lot to lose. If CPA play to their potential, this game should easily go their way as I think they will just wear down the FRA defense.

My son played in the 2000 game. That was the only time I saw tears in the boy's eyes. That was probably the best football game on any level I ever witnessed.

I wouldn't bet against David Pack, no matter what the odds. This year he will have spotted the field three region wins and when the dust settles will have another gold football.

My son played in the 2000 game. That was the only time I saw tears in the boy's eyes. That was probably the best football game on any level I ever witnessed.

I wouldn't bet against David Pack, no matter what the odds. This year he will have spotted the field three region wins and when the dust settles will have another gold football.

That was a great game. If I remember correctly Clayton Baker thru a long TD pass to Ryan Fesmire on the opening FRA drive.

Ryan was a real workhorse for FRA that year and what was so impressive was his small size. When FRA and CPA had a rematch in the playoffs, I remember seeing Pack go up to Ryan at the end of the game and wishing him well. I know Coach Pack just loves to see that kind of drive in a kid.

The first name that comes to mind when someone says motivator has got to be David Pack. I live in Marion County where football use to be as big as anywhere in Tennessee so i don't get to watch CPA play as much as I'd like to. I am good friends with Coach Pack and go to watch as often as i can. This guy can truly get a team up for any game. This years CPA team has so much heart as have all of the CPA teams in recent years. These boys are on a mission and after seeing them play DCA Friday night it seems like they won't be stopped until its complete. Good Luck to CPA and coach Pack.