Cookeville at Franklin County

AAAAA

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I stated on a previous post, this will be FC's last game on their current field. FC is moving to a new field next year. Cookeville and FC has improved and are playing their best ball of the yr. A FC win will earn them 2nd palce and a lost sends them to 4th place. A Cookeville loss sends them to Riverdale and a win sends them to Smyrna. Russell is playing qb for FC more than he did earlier. Russell gives FC a chance to score every time he touches the ball, and he seems to give his team a lift when he plays qb. Buckner and the Cookeville def will have to stop FC's running game. Cookeville seems to be throwing the ball a little more and they use multiple offenses, which could give FC trouble. The old school of football applies here: whoever can run the ball, stop the run and has less turnovers will win. Good luck to both teams.

Edited by wingman10

If Cookeville loses they will play Riverdale and if they win they play Smyrna. They probably have a better chance winning against Riverdale than Smyrna but they with probably won't win against either one of those teams. Unless they come together as a team and there defense plays as one they could win against witch ever team the play. But that is just my thought on the Cavs. If Franklin County wins they play either Oakland or Lebanon at home, I'm not for sure witch one they play. If they lose they play Riverdale at Riverdale. So this is a big game for both teams.

Edited by AAAAA

Both teams are very similar in a lot of ways, this should be a very good game to watch. Both love to try to run the ball down your throat if they can, but they both will try to throw it if needed too. It is a huge game for both teams, probably bigger for F.C., because if they lose, they will go on the road in the first round, where as Cookeville will go on the road regardless. As far as a running game, Cookeville has the Buckner kid, and he is a load, and the tailback #31, is very quick, as is their Qb.,#7. F.C. will counter with James Prior and Andy Bishop, and Qb's. Henn and Russell, Prior is probably the quicker and faster back, but, Bishop is a hard nosed runner that just puts his head down and runs hard. It may come down to has the most success passing the ball, although neither team seems to really like living by the pass.

Both have good defensive players also, among others there's Buckner for Cookeville, and Quincy Russell for F.C.

I might have to give a little edge to F.C. because it's played at Winchester, and it's the last regular season game to be played at the current stadium because they will be at the new school, and stadium next year, and I'm sure they would like to go out with a bang in the regular season. Of course if F.C. wins, it won't be the last game played there this season, because they would host a first round playoff game next week there, against probably Lebanon. :D

If Franklin County wins they play either Oakland or Lebanon at home, I'm not for sure witch one they play.

I Disagree by my calculations a win of Franklin Co. over Cookeville will result in Franklin Co. as a #2 seed. This would mean that Franklin Co. would play #3 seed in Region 4 5A. Lebanon or Symrna. I think it will be Lebanon.

Region 4 5A senerios:

if Symrna wins or loses against Oakland but Lebanon beats Seigal the seeds would be

1. Riverdale

2. Symrna

3. Lebanon

4. Oakland

My resoning

Senerio #1 Straight up . with a Symrna win and a Lebanon win Symrna has a 6-1 region record Lebanon a 5-2 record with Oakland a 4-3 record

Senerio #2 Head to Head between Lebanon and Oakland for third. with a Symrna win and a Lebanon loss Symrna has a 6-1 region record Lebanon a 4-3 region record and Oakland a 4-3 record with a loss to Lebanon

Senerio #3 3 way tie goes to overall record and then head to head. So with a Symrna Loss and a Lebanon win Symrna has a 5-2 region record and a 6-4 overall record Lebanon a 5-2 region record and a 6-4 record with a loss to Symrna and Oakland a 5-2 region record and a 5-5 overall record.

Senerio #4 Symrna loss and a Lebanon loss the region would look like this

1. Riverdale

2. Oakland

3. Symrna

4. Lebanon

Head to Head between Symrna and Oakland for second. Symrna would have a 5-2 region record with a loss to Oakland and Lebanon would have a 4-3 region record and Oakland would have a 5-2 region record.

So you see :D with a Franklin Co win or loss they cant play Oakland anywhere.

Yes, this is a big game. Cookeville is in the playoffs, and I don't care who they play, Smyrna or Riverdale. CHS held their ground to Riverdale in preseason action, plus they are playing their best ball of the year. The only thing I can say about Smyrna is that they doubted Cookeville last year and they will probably do the same this year if they meet. So good luck Cavs and keep on winning.