Knoxville Top 5

AusDan

Thanks for backing me up a little Mocs, its hard being from outside of the "knox" clique when it comes to sports because they all believe that there is nothing outside of their little box sometimes, but when they get beat they decide that it was something stupid that allowed it to happen......Mocs huh??? UTC??? you know our boy Lop down there???

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should be very interesting how the Hornets respond to Coach Mitchell. At Lenoir City, he ran a very tight ship. It was his way or you don't play. Splains, how do you think that will work at Carter? Darden and Mims got the kids to play and they played hard, but they weren't the most disciplined bunch around. It should be interesting to see if Coach Mitchell can get the kids to play and even keep some of the middle schoolers from going to AE.....

I played at Powell from 92-94 and UTC from 95-99. I went to law school in Knoxville and have followed my alma mater very clsely the last few years. I'm back in Chattanooga now, but I come in a bunch for ball games. Chattanooga and Knoxville both have pretty good teams. I enjoy watching Bradley Central also, but my heart is always with the Panthers.

You better not overlook South Doyle. Logan Johnson is a defintely a top 5 in the KIL. THey will also have several proven senior scorers.

Coach Smith does a tremoundous job with very little talent. I think he belongs in the same category as Wright, Blevins, and Dodgen. Just think of this stat, the 2 seasons prior to his arrival, South Doyle had 7 wins. His first 2 seasons - 31 wins. I think that sums his coaching ablity up.

My guess - this is his last season at South Doyle.

I does appear that Coach Smith at S.D. has done a very respectable job. Isn't there a kid named Kite over at S.D. that is a very good player. Smith may very well belong in the same category as Blevins and Wright. He needs to win a championship to move to that level. But Dodgen is no where close. He does the least with the most each year.

South-Doyle is a unique team. The top two players, Logan Johnson and Tate Burroughs are as good as anybody. Adam King is experienced and solid. The questions are the supporting cast and depth. Coach Smith has done a good job there. I would put Wright and Blevins in a different category than everybody else. Both of them have more to work with, but in fairness, Wright had to rebuild that program and is a few breaks away from winning two state titles.

As far as I know, the Kite has left South Doyle and will sit out a year and then play his junior and senior years at Austin East. THere was some discipline problems at South Doyle.

I agree with you small town that Wright and Blevins have more to work with, but I just feel Coach Smith deserves some credit for a job well done at our school. WE don't have much, but we play like no other team out there.

I am real excited about the upcoming year in Cherokee land. BTW Burroughs has added about 20 pounds of pure muscle and NAthan NAsh 6'4 post will also be palying this year.

I dont care how big this kid from farragut is. He can't keep up with the speed of Catholic. He's probably like Shaq and the only reasaon he plays cause of his big ######. He can knock people out of the way with... But that is besides the point. We will see how our inside game does against this 6'4 machine but if it doesnt work out we will just dish it out to T. Fox and he'll give us the points we need. Like Dinos33 already said I belive it was 42 points agasint Farragut in summer league. We will see boys, we will see.