region 4 pickem week 10

Guest Oakland

Guest region4fan

I forgot to mention what a fine job our soph QB did coming in when Ebal went down. Daryl, You played with authority and composure. I pray that Ebal's injury is not serious...with knees, you never know. But Daryl, know that we are behind you all the way !!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Oakland

and by the way i seem to recall a few smyrna folk proclaiming that oakland's one-dimensional offense could be stopped by the smyrna defense, granted you stopped him when it counted, but carlos ran over you guys all night, so i hope he finally gets some of that much derserved credit, in my opinion the most underrated back in middle tn

I found out when I got home that my best friend and college roomie had been injured severely in a head on collision. He was hit by a drunk driver.

Please pray for my friend. I will be leaving in the AM for GA to be with him.

region4fan, sorry to hear about your friend. He is in my prayers. You be careful on your trip to GA. You need to be in The Pit next weekend.

Region 4 fan I will pray for you friend and you during your travels.

I hope your vist to Smyrna confirms what I have said about our team this year and that we have a great group of kids and they just play the game and you don't hear much talk or taunting etc from them. There is really not a bad kid in the bunch.

I looked at Nunleys stats for the year I am sure he is good but they sure played a soft schedule.

As of today I am Oaklands biggest fan go beat LC they are ripe for the picken!

By the way not an excuse or anything since we won but we usually run about 50% of our offense from shotgun but could not last night because our starting center was unable to play pretty much at the last minute due to a leg injury. we only ran out of the shotgun once and there was a bad snap so the coaches didn't have the confidence we could use that formation.

Guest Oakland

thanks 82 cat we are gonna need all the support we can get. and as far nunley goes, i agree it has been against questionable competition, but if you stop nunley, you stop coffee county. also good luck to you guys as well, maybe oakland and smyrna can hook up again in round 3, i know that would look good to me :)

Guest Oakland

and btw, congrats to gwave1 for winning the regular season portion of the pickem, his clutch ba over mba pick is what sealed it, i thought you had some real nerve goin with ba but it also shows how much i know since i was one of the idiots that picked mba :)

well it was a great game.. i have to give crawford credit.. he ran the ball GREAT.. i also think he should win region MVP.. he is a great athlete and i hope he does great in college.. i just hope smyrna can stop the run after getting ran all over like that from a good back..

well on to the playoffs.. i saw coffee co play siegle.. nunly is all there offense.. he is no where near as good as crawford or # 4 from lebanon.. so if smyrna stops him then they got the game one.. i say stick 8 or 9 in the box and put our corners on an island.. they have the recovery speed.. good luck to oakland..i hope you guys win i want to see a rematch in round 2... and a special good luck to smyrna.. show the home crowd that you can play

Oh......word was that David Alsup, head coach for Blackman, turned in his resignation today. Can anyone confirm or deny that? SLIM? Johnnyc? Shady??

Hmm, interesting. Although i can neither deny or confirm that, all i can tell you is that word around school was that this was going to be Alsup's last game. I know that while i was paying close attention to the sidelines, i noticed that Alsup was usually at the the opposite end of the field from where the boys were and was wasnt animated during the game or anything. Its almost like he wasnt into the game. BUT as soon as i find out for sure, i will make sure to post it so everyone will know.

Great game Blaze!! You guys really showed up in the 2nd half after a sub-par 1st half. Congrats Seniors and good luck to all of you. The team put up 84 points the last 2 games so maybe thats a glimpse of things to come next year. And hey band, great job at halftime. I loved it. I must admit i will miss you guys next year. <_< ohh crap im getting emotional. Whew i am going to watch Texas vs Nebraska now.

Yeah slim, I'm ready for the official lowdown on the season.  And is this true? B)

Hey GWAVE1 CONGRATS my man on the regular season pickem! :ph34r: I went against my better judgement and tried to pick against your picks. If a couple of OT's had went different it would have been close! B) As far as Alsup goes all I heard is rumors at the game. There were a couple of kids circulating a petition to get him to stay, but that's all I've heard! One more thing i'm totally sorry about the RAW DEAL your team (GALLATIN) and your community has gotten from that pitiful TSSAA outfit! I'm thinking about going to the Franklin vs. Hunters Lane game friday, it looks to be the best game in the 1st round! E-MAIL ME!