Baylor vs. Pope John Paul II

KizzleAssizzle

I agree with cm15. He is right that Baylor is a wonderful school. I go to McCallie and yes I do talk a lot of smack against Baylor. But there are people there that are great people and there are people there that were just at the wrong place at the wrong time. As for #23, he was an extremely positive person in the Baylor community and it is a shame that he was expelled. But in truth he did break a rule at Baylor and the Baylor students should not be upset with the decision of the school. It isnt like he didn't do what he was accused of. Either way, I think that it will take the rest of the year for Baylor to recover from this blow...which is a shame.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Fella" may have been off a little bit, but not by much. So, CM15, since you're knowledgable about Baylor, perhaps you can answer these questions, intelligently and truthfully.

Since Baylor does not suspend students for drinking, what were all those gifted athletes and scholars suspended for?

According to the letter from Baylor's headmaster, how many Baylor students were involved in underage drinking at the big party?

Why is the school in turmoil, with parent meetings, students confessing to their deans, and protest signs at the football games (over the expelled "A" student football player)?

Why did the Baylor parent lock himself in the bedroom when the police arrived?

Why did so many Baylor students flee when the police arrived?

Have these Baylor parties resulted in arrests or suspensions in the past?

Since the parent who hosted the party has been criminally charged (at the urging of Baylor officials) will his children still be allowed to attend Baylor?

Is punishment being handed out equally, or are some students (of board members, and other economically powerful families) getting special treatment?

You can answer these truthfully, or you can give the "old school" line. After all, as everyone knows, nothing bad ever happens at Baylor.

The students were not suspended. They were given punishments under the law of Baylor's B-Book. About 20 students were cited. Others that weren't turned themselves in to the school. The students didn't protest, they just showed their sadness because a great teammate, brother, and friend got kicked out. The Baylor parent didn't lock himself in his bedroom. Do you expect every kid out their that knew they were doing the wrong thing to stop when they heard that the cops were there? NO! I believe that one other Baylor party has had arrests before, but the party was held by a former student. NO SUSPENSIONS ARE GIVEN UNLESS IT IS YOUR SECOND OFFENSE! In that case, you are expelled. His childern will still attend Baylor. This occurance has nothing to do with how his kids should be looked upon. Everyone is getting the same treatment, no matter who you are. And the next time you feel like going off about something you obviously have no clue about, please remember that your child could be in a situation like this one day. Obviously, you don't have anything to do with the private schools in this area. If this were to happen at a public school,nothing would be done about it. So give it a rest.

It's hard for any student body when such a prominent figure is absent... There are many people who do not deserve to still be attending Baylor, but they are...

Yes, he did break a rule, but should the school be involved with something that they are not apart of? Of course there were Baylor students there and yes, they were drinking, but why not let the parents and the law handle it? Nobody is fighting their punishment because they knew what would happen if caught...

Another issue- It seems as though Baylor is very concerned with how they look to the outside and they are not worrying about the resentment and controversy on the inside.... any opinions? I know this is a soccer deal, but i'm curious....

I agree with Nader it is over in my opinion. Blu you must be insane to think that Nader would survive a day at Baylor. He barely survives at McCallie, which i hate to say is a much more preppy school. He would be killed at Baylor, especcially since most hate him there after his years at McCallie.

"If this were to happen at a public school, nothing would be done about it..."

HAH! Give me a break. Right....As a private school parent (for many years), this is what I know. The shoplifters, the drug users, the drinkers, the sex scandals....99 percent of this info never leaves the hallowed grounds of the private schools. Most of the time, the guilty party gets expelled, and quietly slinks into another private school, or if all options are exhausted, their neighborhood public school....with no explanation for the transfer.

On the other hand, if a public school kid brings a squirt gun to school, it makes the news....zero tolerance and all that.

Obviously, the majority of kids, at every school, are super. Who among us, hasn't gotten drunk in high school? Uh, hello, more than you think. "Everybody" does NOT do it. In fact, some of us who have been touched in some way by DUI deaths are offended by the mere notion of an underage teen drinking party. If nothing else, this whole sordid episode might finally teach some parents and students with the attitude of "they can't do anything to US" that they actually have to abide by the laws of society, and the rules of their sheltered private school.

Some good advice to the young men and women of Baylor: be careful, particularly around the holidays, spring break and prom time....there are no 3rd chances.

"If this were to happen at a public school, nothing would be done about it..."

HAH! Give me a break. Right....As a private school parent (for many years), this is what I know. The shoplifters, the drug users, the drinkers, the sex scandals....99 percent of this info never leaves the hallowed grounds of the private schools. Most of the time, the guilty party gets expelled, and quietly slinks into another private school, or if all options are exhausted, their neighborhood public school....with no explanation for the transfer.

On the other hand, if a public school kid brings a squirt gun to school, it makes the news....zero tolerance and all that.

Obviously, the majority of kids, at every school, are super. Who among us, hasn't gotten drunk in high school? Uh, hello, more than you think. "Everybody" does NOT do it. In fact, some of us who have been touched in some way by DUI deaths are offended by the mere notion of an underage teen drinking party. If nothing else, this whole sordid episode might finally teach some parents and students with the attitude of "they can't do anything to US" that they actually have to abide by the laws of society, and the rules of their sheltered private school.

Some good advice to the young men and women of Baylor: be careful, particularly around the holidays, spring break and prom time....there are no 3rd chances.

Sounds like a parent with a chip on his shoulder to me! So how many students at public schools get punished for attending a party outside of school, even if they weren't drinking?