Volunteer Falcons

CHHS72

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck this year. Can anyone update the outside shooting capabilities of this team? In years past, the inside game has been great, but the Falcons have lacked shooters. I know Creasy was called on to fill this role last year and did a fine job in clutch situations. Has anyone else stepped up so far in the perimeter area? If so, it could be a long season for opposing teams. One final question, how is Hughes going to be used and what impact can he make?

The teams in the Christmas Tournament are: Sullivan North, Harmony Community, Sullivan South, Chatt. Brainard, Hancock County, Clinch, Rye Cove and Volunteer.

They play tomorrow at 1:00 and 2:00 at Hal Henard. The gym is at the elementry school which is beside the middle/junior high school.

Hughes will play the 2 guard most of the time. He can shoot from outside.

The scrimmages are tomorrow as stated, 11/12 at home v. Science Hill, 11/13 at home v. Unaka, and 11/15 at home v. Sullivan East and North Greene. The Jamboree is 11/20 at Volunteer. We play North at 8:15.

There are two Hall of Fame games: 11/21 at Tennessee High at 7:30 and 11/22 v. Knox Bearden at Johnson County at 6:00. That is all that I know that is scheduled for the pre-season.

The guys that played with the Varsity at the last scrimmage were Chuck Lindholm, John Carl Frazier, Jacob Frazier, Jay Hughes, Michael Porter, Derek Smith, Matt Gilreath, Weston Creasy and Corey Eidson. The list is in no particular order, just as they came to mind.

Edited by CHHS72

Hey CH,,

Harmony Community, is that the same team from last year? Anyone there had to just love their cheerleaders. They put on a show, you would think they were The Pointer Sisters.

I'll try to catch ya at the Science Hill scrimmage. I've not got to see the Falcon basketball team this year, looking forward to the action.

The team seemed to start coming together tonight in the scrimmage vs. Science Hill. Some of the guys are having to work out football kinks. Jay is having to learn the system and to work inside it and with the team. He is coming around. There are still a couple of guys that are not where I thought they would be at this point. It looks like the varsity team at this time is made up of Chuck, John Carl, Jacob, Porter, Jay, Derek, Matt, Weston, Corey Eidson, Jared Mann and Shane Ryans. Others may move up and dress out later.

We scrimmage Unaka Thursday at 6:30 at home.

Two weeks is hardly a long time. Not when some of the boys have not been able to practice every day for various reasons. Four of the starters, regardless of which combination, played football and have not been playing basketball together. In some combinations, all five played football. Last year Elizabethton would not play anybody until a month after the football season was over. So two weeks to get all the kinks out is not all that long.

The football players were Chuck, John Carl, Porter, Jay, Derek, Jared Mann and Matt. Matt punted so football did not demand as much of his time. Matt, Jacob and Corey were the only ones who will probably play the vast majority of the time who got to play in the league in Johnson City. Corey is only a sophmore and this is the first year Matt has played school ball, including middle school.

As far as quarter scores etc., I do not keep up with them. Science Hill won the four quarter game by around 20 or 25. Volunteer won the fifth quarter by 10 or 12. It was a scrimmage. Volunteer is rounding into shape. They will do fine against most of their competition.