Volunteer Falcons

CHHS72

SatchUmp ur jus sum lil punk that has no stake in any of this. So watch ur mouth. Thats all I got to say to you.

Hey Dunf, what page was it that they were saying all that stuff about you. I was tryin to show Nel, but I couldnt find it.

Chucky, its Crain, get my number from Nappilla, then hit me up and we'll put a team together if you still want to.

Congrats to P Forge last night. Congrats to Dunf and JB for all-region.

Im out.

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanted to Thank Everyone who has given our program the upmost respect and support over the last few years. Our fans are GREAT and they help the TEAM play better. This years fan base has been the largest in my 5 years at VHS and still growing! 99% of our fans have been very loyal and have given the players and coaches nothing but support!!!!!To those fans I thank, appreciate and salute you!! To the negative 1%(It's obvious who you are)-We did win 20 games with a tough schedule and were Watauga Conference Co-Champions after being picked to finish 3rd. The glass can be considered half full with our youth. EVERYONE is dissapointed in how our season ended ESPECIALLY the PLAYERS and the COACHES! They have given up so much in the last year so that wouldn't happen again. The bottom line is we didn't close the deal and the head coach takes responsibility for that.

After coaching 5 years in Inner City Savannah in 4A,(making it to the State tournament for the first time in 17 years) and 5 years at Voulunteer 2A(2 District Championships & 2 Watauga Conference Titles) I have never coached a funner group of young men. We had ups and downs but I think that the FAMILY that ended the season enjoyed the journey. A HUGE thanks goes out to my Coaches (Smith, Stokomo & Reed) & to my Players!!!! (3 great Seniors & tons of potential in our underclassman) Also to my right hand man Alex No one could ever question your heart and dedication to our team. Anything we accomplished we did it together, and I thank you all for being my Tennesse FAMILY!

Seniors>(Porter/JC/Matt)Good luck to you & when things in life get tough remember how you never gave up in basketball, winninng in basketball prepares you to win in life. Refuse to lose! Don't settle! Always give your best! Never Quit!!

Underclassmen>Nothing will change unless YOU do something about it! If you want MORE for this family for next MARCH then you better start working for it this April. It has to be a collective effort, 1 great player does not make a Team or gaurantee a single win. Great Teams win Championships and the seniors have left some holes to fill. Those who work the Hardest are the Last to Surrender!!!!

One final remark: I Love the Unaka Rangers = Their Coaches, players and parents are 1st class and the Volunteer program wishes you only Success!!!

Notice I didn't say fans because JR Campbell is one and I didn't know if you guys wanted to claim him?

Thanks for our great radio coverage all season Tony C & Brian T you guys are awesome, positive and always put the kids first. (I still can't understand though, if you were gonna miss a couple of games why the Bahamas ones, what are you guys nuts?)

Thanks again Players, Coaches, the loyal Parents, Madeline & Virgil, Roy, Ron, Whalen and ALL of our GREAT FALCON FANS!

With much appreciation,

Head Coach Todd Whittemore

Volunteer Falcons Basketball

One final remark: I Love the Unaka Rangers = Their Coaches, players and parents are 1st class and the Volunteer program wishes you only Success!!!

Notice I didn't say fans because JR Campbell is one and I didn't know if you guys wanted to claim him?

Very classy gesture, Coach. A very classy gesture. Thanks from a Unaka fan. And best of luck to you and your program. Hope you have a very productive summer and go bring it home to East TN next season! Also, I guess we'd be crazy not to claim a celebrity (J.R. Campbell)!

Thanks for the comments Todd. You lead the Falcons through a great 20 win season and have a lot of reasons to be proud of your players.

Anyone who's ever suited up for any sport knows how bad losing stinks, but the Falcons handled it with class. I think that is a direct reflection of you, Wes, Brandon and Henry.

Good luck to all the East Tennessee teams that are moving on to the Tennessee Big Dance!

Hey...Someone answer OldDoc's question. I got on this string because I heard the same thing.... Volunteer's Coach went after an official. Although, I heard that it was after the Region 1st Round loss, not a District game. I saw the District Finals, no way to blame that loss on the Refs. And I heard this from someone who lives in Church Hill, has a Daughter who graduated from Volunteer and has a Son who is a Junior at the same Volunteer High School.

What is the real Poop Volunteer fans????????

Hey Art, this is one of the guys from the media. The incident was after the Central game. No the coach did not attack the refs. And if you watched the same game everyone else did, you would see a concrete discrepency with one particular ref. At one juncture the ref vigorously overturned another refs call who had the better view. Then proceedingly called 4-5 calls against Volunteer while calling a tech on the coach for jumping, something other coaches have done all season and not received any technicals. While being a journalist and keeping my ears open, even other Watauga Conference coaches said some of a particular ref's calls were pretty obvious. One last note. I don't think in our interview or any other that night, the coach blamed the refs. Instead, he blamed himself for the loss.

The All-NET team is out in the Johnson City Press. Charles Lindholm is on the First Team. Jarome Odem from Science Hill was the player of the year. Of course, he is from Johnson City. Maybe a little bias? Congratulations to everyone. I was really surprised that Jacob Frazier and/or Jay Hughes was not even on the Second Team.