FHSrebel27

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like it won't rain Friday night like it appeared it might earlier in the week. I hope all of the Franklin faithful make the short journey to Hunters Lane Friday! Our boys needs everyones support.

FHSRebel, I know of PLENTY of Franklin fans commin out to support the Franktown Football team... I think we'll make a pretty good showing--on and off the field. B)

so wait, there is the chance then that gallatin STILL might make the playoffs? i thought they had already lost the appeal. is this another one? if so what will happen to the playoff picture? who plays who then? who gets left out? i feel sorry for gallatin, but i'd hate to think what will happen if they get back in the playoffs now, that means someone would be out, right? and only a day before their game? wow. the tssaa really needed to take care of this right the first time so the season of several teams didnt come down to a judge's ruling the day before the start of the playoffs.

The appeal was to the Board of Control. Since that wasn't in Gallatin's favor, they've taken the TSSAA to court. Let's hope we don't have a judge that wears a green robe on Friday's get this case... it could be bad for all of 5A.

How would righting a wrong be bad for all 5-A? Or is it that Franklin would be hurt?

I wonder FHSrebel27, how you would feel if Franklin had been told the same thing as Gallatin? What if a Ravenwood went in place of Franklin? I am sorry you do not want justice even if it affects your team. Well.....it doesn't matter anyway, Gallatin did not get the injunction. I hope nothing like this ever happens to Franklin, Brentwood, Oak Ridge or whomever. It just isn't right. Good luck to Franklin come Friday.

Rebel27 is just rather zealous about Franklin's football program. I do see his point in that it would be unfair for the teams already in the playoffs having already prepared for different scenarios, but I agree with Gwave1 more. Yes, it would mess up the brackets and cause a team to be removed from the playoffs, but that team wouldn't have had that chance anyways had the TSSAA not screwed up in the first place. I'm with ya Gallatin and I truly feel for you guys, especially the seniors. I don't know what I would have done if my chance at State was taken from me my senior year for something such as that.

However, I don't think Gallatin will win this case so good luck Rebels with Hunter's Lane. I know ya'll will do great and represent Franktown the way it should be represented.

I don't know that there is a wrong to be righted. I have to say that I'm going to give the TSSAA the benefit of the doubt. And just because they said something was ok at one point doesn't mean they can't go back and change that if something else pops up. But that has all been discussed on another thread. Frankly, I don't care if anyone agrees with me. If the playoffs had been put on hold, that would have been unfair to all of 5A (though, if there were going to eventually put GHS back in, this would have been the best). If Gallatin would have been placed in right away, I think yes, that would have been really unfair. You have one team that's practiced all week for an opponent only at the last second to be told they're not playing and everyone else is playing someone else. I don't think that's right at all, I don't care what happened. If you want to say this opinion is based on my passion for Franklin football, so be it, but that's not the case.

ANYWAYS, rebsoftball1- I look forward to another great show Friday night. Just always remember: THIS IS A FOOTBALL GAME, NOT A BAND COMPETITION! :D

faninthestand

I agree with you, keep the band playing and playing loudly! I realize FHSrebel27 disagrees, but I do not see anything unsportsmanlike about this. I feel it is simply a strong showing of support. Brentwood did it all night and Dickson Co. was not far behind with their band. I hear a nasty rumor that there may be a bunch of cowbells in the hands of the Franklin faithful this week...GO REBELS!!

Just another GreenWave fan wishing the Reb's the best. I have thought all year you guys have the toughest region around. Hunters Lane is pretty though. their backs run lateral and just hang back, hang back, and then explode through the hole. Like GWave1 said in a previous post, tackle when you get the chance. If their run game isn't scary enough, WATCH THE LONG BALL!!!!! All of their td's against Gallatin were on big plays. Good luck again Rebels. (FHS 28 - HLHS 27 sorry FHSRebel... another close one!)