Morristown West vs Maryville, Central, Cleveland

bloodscanner

for those of you who have seen these teams, and with the possibility that MWest might meet up with one of the other three in four weeks, how do you think MWest would match up with these three teams---position to position, and/or unit to unit (rushing and run defense, passing and pass defense), special teams (punting, kicking, kickoff coverage, punt and kickoff returns)-----

also, would MWest be able to score on any of these teams, would MWest be able to create turnovers on any of these teams, can they score on Morristown

sorry, no prize for best essay---but, then again, no grading, either

if you believe it will be some other team from 1 and 2 against one of these teams or that it might be someone different from 3 and 4, have at it

thanks in advance to anyone who responds

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First, they have to get past sullivan South, which they should do. Then they will face Chattanooga Central, unless Powell pulls the upset, which I'm doubting. IF they do this they will probably play, Maryville or Cleveland, I don't think Central can beat Cleveland. Good Luck to ya'll hope to see you in the Simifinals!

GO REBS!

I thought that Morristown West will play all region 1 or 2 teams until the semi-finals. Same for Maryville/Central/Cleveland. The semifinals is the 1and2 bracket winner vs the 3and4 bracket winner.

Maryville's offense has come a long way since the MoWest game. I think that Maryville and Central are both capable of beating Morristown. Defensively, Rebs are strong as usual, but the improvement in the offensive line might be hard for any team to deal with.

I think Cleveland will get upset early. Morristown shouldn't have any problems with the region 1 and 2 teams. IMO they will likely face the winner of Central Maryville round II.

I thought that Morristown West will play all region 1 or 2 teams until the semi-finals. Same for Maryville/Central/Cleveland. The semifinals is the 1and2 bracket winner vs the 3and4 bracket winner.

I think Cleveland will get upset early. Morristown shouldn't have any problems with the region 1 and 2 teams. IMO they will likely face the winner of Central Maryville round II.

Your right, it is like that. I dunno about Cleveland getting upset, but I hope you are right!

the winner of the region 3-4 bracket will be more beat up than morristown west but mo west cant afford to overlook anyone but these boys are on a hot streak their improvement on offense will definitely help them in the playoffs i think this is the year they make an appearance in the title game possibly even win it all their early losses are very misleading the trojans when they show up may just be the best team in the state in any classification

i dont see anyone from the east winning this year, i think hillsboro is as solid as they get this year, melrose would be second, i still will pull for maryville over these 2 and only hope cleveland goes crazy, but motown west has not gotten that much better, this doesnt mean they are not good, just simply that you guys WAY OVERRATE them, every other team in the state got better with them as the season went on, many teams in this state have won 5 or 6 straight if not more. they play in a very inclusive area of the state, the only competion they played they lost to, given they lost close, i dont see how 3 close losses are improved on by 7 wins over average at best every friday competion, anybody who thinks motown east is better than average is way ahead of themselves.

Even if they are overrated, they will make it to the semi's. However, the winner of the Region 3 region 4 bracket will go to state.

Bloodscanner - you are right about Maryville's turnovers. Those almost killed them, and any team less talented and well coached could not win a 6 (or maybe 5?) turnover game against a region champion team. West's defense is really good, but not every one of those was forced. Maryville also survived 2 turnovers against Knox Central who played a flawless game. I think that the turnovers in the West game were mainly due to some early season jitters on offense. Since then our O-Line has greatly improved.

good points all

please don't take this topic wrong--on a good day any team can beat any other team--I believe MWest can make it to the semis but I trust that Coach Woods is coaching them one game at a time and the team is taking it one game at a time--it certainly looks as if it very well might be a MWest-Maryville matchup, though

Maryville fans----good chance you'll meet Central (my alma mater) in the third game?--any way it can be any closer than the last game?

also, back to a MWest-Maryville matchup---any thoughts on if special teams could make a difference?

Even if they are overrated, they will make it to the semi's. However, the winner of the Region 3 region 4 bracket will go to state.

Bloodscanner - you are right about Maryville's turnovers. Those almost killed them, and any team less talented and well coached could not win a 6 (or maybe 5?) turnover game against a region champion team. West's defense is really good, but not every one of those was forced. Maryville also survived 2 turnovers against Knox Central who played a flawless game. I think that the turnovers in the West game were mainly due to some early season jitters on offense. Since then our O-Line has greatly improved.

this is a silly thread due to the fact that both teams would have to win 3 big play-off games in order for this to be relevant. But nonetheless i am going to throw my two cents in. I am in no way a M. West fan but didn't West also turn the ball over 4 times in that game? Didn't they also outgain Maryville?

It doesn't matter though because if they ever play them again it will be the same old same old result.

Eliz over Cherrie key

Sully C over Greenie V

Mo east over tennie shoe hi

Mo west over sully s

mo west will beat mo east

eliz will beat sully c

mo west will beat eliz

mville over ray

cc over pow

ktowndaddies over east r

cleavage over westmville beatss cc

cleavage beats kcentrtal