District 11-AAA Predictions

alesuawe

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alesuawe, I coach at East Literature. We played poorly against Hillsboro and lost by around 20. Against Brentwood we played better but they are a better team. We were tired against Dickson Co. and they drilled us. They shoot the the ball very well. I think Hillsboro could be very good by the end of the season. They have good size right now and they are still missing their starting post players (football). We have about 8 players still playing football for Stratford. Right now I only have two starters playing and only one other player with experience. This has been my most difficult preseason!

:rolleyes: Alzado and CoachF. at Hillwood things are going pretty good. We beat Station Camp in a scrimmage but we play Gallatin tomorrow. Our kids are trying but very much untalented and it seems very undisciplined. This will change with time, I hope, or else! It will change, period! We have some great teams in 11AAA and I know it will be hard to win there. I believe, by all I have heard, that Hillsboro will be the top team , with Brentwood and Franklin not far behind. Also, I have heard that Hickman Co. is good as well as Overton. Oh well, I guess we have no where to go but up. I still believe, though.

i think you are seriously underestimating hickman co. Hickman lead every team in the district last year at some point or another... drilled overton at home and had brentwood up by 19 in the third quarter and blew it. Brentwood is the only team that they suffered two losses to and i think this team is way better than last years so rethink your preseason polls

B) Alzado and CoachF. at Hillwood things are going pretty good. We beat Station Camp in a scrimmage but we play Gallatin tomorrow. Our kids are trying but very much untalented and it seems very undisciplined. This will change with time, I hope, or else! It will change, period! We have some great teams in 11AAA and I know it will be hard to win there. I believe, by all I have heard, that Hillsboro will be the top team , with Brentwood and Franklin not far behind. Also, I have heard that Hickman Co. is good as well as Overton. Oh well, I guess we have no where to go but up. I still believe, though.

Coach Gamble, As a parent of one of your players, it is disheartening to hear you say your players are very much untalented. After playing for Davis the last few years I agree they are undisciplined. I do think it is unfair to say "very much untalented" at this point. I know my son is trying very hard to learn your offense as I'm sure the rest of the kids are. I think you'll see, once you get it installed these kids (sophmores and juniors anyway) will give you all they have and you will see some signs of talent. Although you feel there is no talent there, I still wish you the best of luck, and based on what my son has said, I feel you can turn things around at Hillwood.

hillwoodfan, you are a lucky parent to have your son playing for Coach G. He will not only teach your son the great game of basketball and how to play it the right way, he will make him a better young man. He is a great leader of young men, most of which stay in contact with him years after finishing school due to the bond he has with his players. He genuinely loves all of his players. Some fail to realize his impact until they finish and look back. He demands discipline, teamwork, and sportsmanship. The comment about the lack of talent comes from him comparing these kids to what he left at Maplewood. Maplewood has had its share of talent lately, making 4 state tourney appearances in the past 6 years. Also, part of this is "coachspeak". No experienced coach will tip his hand, rather downplay his talent and praise opponents. Coach G has been around this block before. Hillwood's time will come, if the kids buy in to his system. B)

From what I have seen at Hillwood, the talent may be there , but it is raw and very much lacking fundamentals. This is one way I judge talent. It takes years to teach the fundamentals of basketball. I know that parents think their sons are the best. I have been there with my sons, also. The real thing at Hillwood is that the kids don't know how to win - this is what we have to overcome. And yes, I am not going to give away all our secrets. We may be better than you ever expected, but I am not one to brag and rant and rave. I know what other teams have and I know what it takes to be a top team. Just be patient and good things will happen in the future if we all stay together and have the team aspect. I love to coach basketball and you can be sure, I will work hard to produce a winner at Hillwood. We do have some great kids and I do care for them! Only the strong survive! :rolleyes:

• 3 months later...
Hillwood will be competitive by tourney time. They will advance to the region. Coach Gamble will make them work harder than they thought possible, and he will make them winners if they have any ability at all.

Boy, that Alzado fellow sure is smart! <_<

Coach G, you're a miracle worker.

Naw, I'm wrong. No miracle. Hard work. Fundamentals. Conditioning. Teamwork. Tough Defense. Selflessness. Disciplined Offense. Neat, clean-cut players. Respectful young men. Winners, regardless of any score.

You taught more lessons to your players that will carry them throughout their life than anyone thought was possible. This is why coaches do what they do, in spite of the fans that want to coach, the parents that interfere, the stress that creates health problems, and the low pay. Coaches change lives. Coach Gamble does it as well as any basketball coach around.

Nobody deserve success more than you and your team. Good luck in the championship tonight.