Ezell Harding

Catalyst

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if westmoreland is as good as you advertise they wont have any problem with them. They lost 3 starters. Sophmore Aaron Duke has range and is probably thier best player. I hear they have a new coach that is much better than Burnette. With the three players that graduated last season not playing they went 0-11 in their first 11 games.

Ezel's new coach is Jason Piercy. He was Freinship Christians coach for the last few years. I beleive Jason will do a good job over there. I'm not sure what he has to work with though, but I'm sure he will do a great job. He was an assistant at Ezel when they won state in 98.

I heard someone say that he said he was very excited because Ezell had much more talent then friendship. I hear he is a really good coach, I think that would be their biggest upside.

NCS03, you are right...Piercey is a good coach. He is extremely dedicated and his work ethic is just the example any high school kid needs to see. Piercey was very dedicated to his boys at FC and several of those boys were coached by Piercey in middle school. Sometimes coaches have to move on in order to move up. As far as Piercey saying Ezell has more talent...doubt it. He is far too classy (and smart) to voice an opinion like that, whether he thinks it is true or not. :)

I dont want to create a argument but your making it out to be like I'm lying or making it up. He actually did say that, it was in a one on one convo with someone though. He didnt annouce it or anything like that. Also how would be be unclassy to say that one school has more talent to choose from than another one?

I know you are not trying to start an argument and I didn't mean to say you were lying...I apologize. However, I too, have had one on one conversations with him and he gave different reasons for leaving. Those reasons I don't care to mention but it was also much earlier in the school year, so as with anything else, opinions and reasons can change.

Why is it unclassy? Because why would he put them down, just to justify a move to a school where he had already been and was happy? People like Piercey tend to let the statistics speak for themselves. It is merely my opinion based on my own "one on one convo" with Piercey, very much like your opinion about someone else's "one on one convo." I, too, do not feel the need for an argument. I was stating an opinion, not a fact. I apologize if my opinion doesn't count as much as yours. B)

It's cool, you misunderstood me. I didnt mean that he went to Ezell because they had more talent. It was only after he got their and it was already official that he spoke about the talent level their. I have no idea why he left friendship and its not one of my concerns. I accept your apology you just took what I said the wrong way.

Catalyst, what did Ezell and Westmoreland boys look like?. I heard the Ezell girls won by 10 or so.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know if this has been said, but Jason was Presley Ramsey's assitant in 98 when they won the state. He should have been named the head coach after Ramsey got let go. Of course, letting coach Ramsey go was the biggest mistake that Ezell has made in their athletic history. I understand that the improvement has been remarkable in attitudes of the players from Burnett to Piercy. From what I hear and have seen, a trained seal would have been an improvement over Burnett! Ezell should do well this year with the athletes that they have.