Best Team in Div. II

nader64

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it doesnt matter who they beat you are the one talking about how great they were and if you are going to talk about them you might as well get it right. they didnt just have 2 fresh and 3 soph they had plenty of juniors and seniors that he mixed in. They had about a 10 man rotation last year.

I also dont care if they were all freshman you are talking about how great they were

Knoxville Catholic should be tough. They swept Baylor last year and return 3 starters all double figure scorers. Plus they have Tony Fox in the starting lineup. He's been shooting the lights out all summer and in the Karns Fall League in which he average over 30 ppg. Tremane Brown is an athletic replacement for all conference pick Charlie Davis. KCHS should average anywhere from 80 to 85 ppg as a team. They played Brentwood tough last year. They play in December (on the 13th).

Brentwood is wothout a doubt the best team talent wise. Baylor is in second becasue they have a deep roster and some talent. ND and McCallie are not goignt to be very strong this year. I would watch McCallie to win a few more games though cause Coach Henry always has something new up his sleeve. McCallie also has Chris Johnson playing this year and he is like Ben Wallace under the boards. As well as Noah Newman the shipment from Wyoming. Ayanga Okpokawarik will also get his fare share of boards. but Brentwood is still the team to dominate this division. But I wouldn't expect them to go undefeated.

Both teams have a lot of talent, and are very well coached. But I was not that impressed with Baylor last year. BA would have blown them off the court. Having played both of them I would know. Baylor is a very good team, and I believe it will be us (Knox Catholic) and Baylor battling it out for number one in the East Region. By the way, what is USN like?

mt. juliet beat brentwood academy in the middle to late january as well. both times mj was trailing at the half. mt. juliet ended up in the region semi-finals where they just seemed to run out of gas. its amazing though how people think they are so good, to me i just think the better team won and it was the team who wanted it more. the game in january was on a saturday. mj was getting beat by double digits at the start of the 4th quarter. and came back and won. so the middle of the road team upended the state champions not once but twice beating them at ba and mj respectively