region 4 playoff pickem

Guest Oakland

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No...I haven't taken this as hard as you might think. I do think that the players deserve better. They've earned it. In football one has to remember that the ball bounces both ways. Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose. Gallatin may be out for this year but next year it starts all over again. Besides I have said before that I think that we were a 2nd round team anyway.

Now for picking Oakland.....hummmm.....I assure you that I am no good luck charm. B)

Guest Oakland

thanks for the compliment inot2bad and i would like to say the same for lincoln county as well, yes they may be arrogant at times, but they never waver in support for their team. i would like to think that me and region feed off each other and thats why we get so enthused for these games and the strange thing is we havent even met each other!

Guest region4fan

I remember going to the PIT years ago............kelly Holcomb days.....and seeing the whole town close down on Fri nites. You would go in Walmart or Mickey D's and see all the employess in Falcon jerseys. Everyone headed to the PIT and you better get there early if you wanted a seat. I have never seen anything like it! Great football town. That was why I couldn't believe it when I read on Coacht that folk there wanted to run Thompson out on a rail last year!

I read on Coacht that folk there wanted to run Thompson out on a rail last year!

That is a good reason why you should not believe everything you read on coacht.com.

Coach Thompson has always had the support of the true Lincoln County fans who know football. I know enough people down there to know that any talk of dissatisfaction may have been dissatisfaction from not having a winning season, but there was no questioning of Coach Thompson's ability. Thompson is as good as they get.

Lincoln Co. over Oakland

Smyrna over Coffee Co (this sets up what will be the best playoff game of the year.)

Franklin Co. over Lebanon

Riverdale over Cookville

Antioch over Centennial

Franklin over Hunters Lane

Brentwood over Glencliff

Dickson Co. over Hendersonville

bonus

CPA over Colinwood(win one for honesty)

McCallie over MUS

This year the first round games will be better than recently. Good Luck to All!!!

I remember going to the PIT years ago............kelly Holcomb days.....and seeing the whole town close down on Fri nites. You would go in Walmart or Mickey D's and see all the employess in Falcon jerseys. Everyone headed to the PIT and you better get there early if you wanted a seat. I have never seen anything like it! Great football town. That was why I couldn't believe it when I read on Coacht that folk there wanted to run Thompson out on a rail last year!

The ones that wanted to run Coach Thompson out of town last year were the ones that had fallen off of the band wagon. You know, the funny thing is, they are the same ones that are at the games this year, claiming to be fans. I know who most of them are, and they make me sick. Every school has them. In my opinion, if you are not a fan when they are losing, you are not a fan. It is easy to say you pull for a winner. ;)

Lincoln County over Oakland

Riverdale over Cookeville

Smyrna over Coffee Co.

Lebanon over Franklin Co.

Brentwood over Glencliff

Dickson County over Hendersonville

Centennial over Antioch

Bonus Games:

CPA over Collinwood

McCallie over MUS

I didn't give a commentary on each game b/c I didn't have the time. Sorry guys.

-JohnC

Lincoln County over Oakland

Riverdale over Cookeville

Smyrna over Coffee Co.

Lebanon over Franklin Co.

Brentwood over Glencliff

Dickson County over Hendersonville

Centennial over Antioch

Bonus Games:

CPA over Collinwood

McCallie over MUS

I didn't give a commentary on each game b/c I didn't have the time. Sorry guys.

-JohnC

well great minds think alike, so my picks are the same as JohnnyC's. HAHA we beat your team today in Vanzant's class today Mr Cage. LOL, j/j. :)