Warren County Job opening!

theraiderman

Smith's not necessarily a private school guy. He was a head coach at Greenbriar and an offensive coordinator at Antioch before that. He's a great guy and I wish him the best. However, he, like any coach, will always keep his eyes and his ears open. And let's face it, its easier to get the material (talent) and the support at some of these suburban schools. I'd love to see him coaching his offense at a school like Antioch, Blackman, Centennial, and other schools of that nature. He'd be sending kids to D-I schools left and right. That said, I don't think Warren County could do any better for a coach than Scott unless Jeff Fisher or Bill Parcells is available.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Smith's not necessarily a private school guy. He was a head coach at Greenbriar and an offensive coordinator at Antioch before that. He's a great guy and I wish him the best. However, he, like any coach, will always keep his eyes and his ears open. And let's face it, its easier to get the material (talent) and the support at some of these suburban schools. I'd love to see him coaching his offense at a school like Antioch, Blackman, Centennial, and other schools of that nature. He'd be sending kids to D-I schools left and right. That said, I don't think Warren County could do any better for a coach than Scott unless Jeff Fisher or Bill Parcells is available.

Besides that...they will be able to set all kinds of high school records...right? :P

When Smith was at those public schools they had losing records.

I hate to find myself defending Scott but I don't think that really applies in this case. Coach Smith has matured as a coach and he has fine tuned his offensive philosophy! As a coach, we mature every year we are in a position of leadership and our previous record (good or bad) does not forecast our future success or failure. Scott has the best resume of any of the current candidates so the only question will be how well he interviews and if the people of Warren County want an outsider or a home town boy. My guess is they will hire someone who played football as a Pioneer if one can be found that meets their needs.

I have heard from the grapevine that they will in fact hire a former Warren County player. Smith has no chance at that job, no chance at all. By the way in Smith's former public school job he did go to the playoffs both years losing in the first round, the state champion White House beat the Greenbier Bobcats 12 to 5, the closest game the state champ had all year

Oldchsman I take it that you are not a Coach Smith fan, you sound so bitter, what did old coach Smith do to you......but saying he won with 5A players, that is a bit absurd....name all the players that he recrutied to play at Ezell...answer none.... don't be bitter old coach man...embrace the passing game and spread offense,it is here to stay...who ever gets the job at Warren County had better have a way to close the gap to be competitive...it isn't the wingt or the split back veer, it isn't the I or the split T....heres a new concept, go five wide and run the ball, how do you stop that.. would that be unique in warren counties district... I have to think so...dont knock it before you try it... there are many ways to skin a cat

warren county did open it up with four and five wides in campbell's last year. I believe that ran the run and shoot and put up good stats except in the win column. They finished with a 2-9 record. Good stats and fun for the fans, but still no wins. They were also in a tougher region then.