Top Five West Tn Single A Teams?

CATS1

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huntingdon is a football town, I didnt know they play boys basketball. They always have a good girls basketball team but have they ever had a good boys team?

You'll never get by West Carroll or JCS this year. If you do, your looking at Greenfield and I dont think you can hang with them either. Long road but good luck.

Greenfield was a fine team last year but after there Legend Coach in there own mind is gone what will they do? Yes they do have a couple of players back but not the team they had last year. No bench. Don't get in foul trouble.

And for West Carroll. Fast team and a big man in the middle. Big and lanky and weak. A 6'4 player that is strong will push him out of the way and make rebounds on him all night long. Oh I forgot. A new coach there also.

JCS is very strong, fast and they have alot of players that can shoot the ball. They should win there district and make it to the state from this area. Only other team that should be of impact anywhere around here outside of Memphis is Trenton and Huntingdon.

Class 1A

Like I said before. Greenfied has a couple of good players . No Bench. Don't get into foul trouble. Brandon did well last year with some other player that are gone now. In that region that you are so proud of the only team to even give you all a close ballgame in single A is Trenton. With Brandon in foul trouble and setting on the pine with Coach T, Greenfield will watch other teams come in there and have the Jackets saying what if? What if we still had Coach Glisson?

Bad move on there part.

Huntingdon is a football town, I didnt know they play boys basketball. They always have a good girls basketball team but have they ever had a good boys team?

You'll never get by West Carroll or JCS this year. If you do, your looking at Greenfield and I dont think you can hang with them either. Long road but good luck.

True Huntingdon is a football town. Untrue that the girls have always had a good team. Their success has been mostly in the last six years. Neither team has had a loosing record since moving to single A. You might ask West Carroll if the boys were any good last year since the mustangs beat them all three times or JCS who was beaten by them in the first round of the region. JCS had better worry about Adamsville and Middleton instead of Huntingdon.

Football is king in Huntingdon and most of the teams in west Tn. knows about it.

The Huntingdon girls (phillies) have made alot of noise under ther Coach Henson.

Coach Morris has a great bunch of boys this year and they will go far. A deep bench and players that can run. Bell is the point and every team knowns how he can run the football just wait till the round ball season starts.

Tall players at every position and strong and can jump out of the Gym.

Good luck to them and all of the teams this season.

Let the DUNKIN BEGEN.

Like everybody said, last year we only played 7 people. This year they have 7 people. We have never had a deep bench but always find a way to pull it out. As for losing John, the players there are not worried about it because Coach T may not have the experience but when you are coaching Shane and Blackburn you can be brand new and they will find a way to win. Anyways I never said yall were a bad team but come on, bragging about beating SCOTTS HILL and Bradford. Are you kidding me?

Bradford and Scotts Hill will not win 5 games combined this year. Greenfield is the real deal and will be very well coached. They are one of the hardest teams to defend because they can put 5 scorers on the court at a time. Trenton has different strengths. Doaks is unstoppable. You can not let him catch it. They will be very hard to match up with having Doaks, Avery, Gentry and quick, but inexperienced guard play. They have tremendous athletes and are also very well coached. West Carroll will be much better. Webb and Taylor are scorers who will be much improved. A change in coaching has lifted their program, not that Roy did not do a good job but a different philosophy has rejuvenated them. Huntingdon is very talented but I think they will be the team that gets upset in the region, only because they haven't done it yet. JSC, very talented, but I think they are a year away. Middleton or Adamsville will have been there, done that. Should be a fun year. Good luck to all the teams and hope everyone stays healthy.

McKenzie. How did they get into this? Just to let you know the Huntingdon second team beat them 44-21. The second team. Most of the boys are still playing football.

Even if the Huntingdon team has beaten the Scotts Hill team, Bradford and McKenzie and loss to JCS only by one point this is there second team and they are getting to play and gettin better before the season starts.

With a bench to go to if you need to is something that Greenfied doesn't have.

Enrollment is were it is and Class A for basketball and if going thru Greenfield to get to the big show than get ready for your stinger to be plucked for the Mustangs are running wild this year.

Thank you monsterman. Finally someone on here has some sense. And back to the bench thing. Only 7 players played down the strech last year. And don't say I ma living in last year. Just stating the way we always are. By the way Greenfield enrollment 145. State Tournament apperances 4. Huntingdon enrollment

396 State Tournament apprerances 1 oh that was the girls.