SILVERBULLET PRESEASON RANKINGS

Silverbullet

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is very difficult to rank without full knowledge of what weight these wrestlers will go. I am guessing here.

103:

1. Blake Tinsley-Bradley

2. Elee Puckett-Gibbs

3. Joseph Pair-Page

112:

1. Danny Coleman-Cleveland

2. Mike Ortiz-Franklin

3. Ryan McGrew-Daniel Boone

4. Justin Campbell-Union County

5. BJ Sullivan- Cookeville

6. Erik Abercrombie-Farragut

119:

1. Shawn Cordell-Bradley

2. Ari Ibrahim-Overton

3. Shawn Speroff-Collierville

4. Charlie Warfield-Franklin

5. Justin Hoover-East Ridge

6. Matt Wells-Daniel Boone

125:

1. Justin Talley-South Doyle

2. Alan Aiken-Science Hill

3. Bradley Felix-Franklin

4. Mark Fuller-Bradley

5. Josh Jennings-Overton

6. Pete Miller-Cleveland

I am 1/3 the way there...

Easy fellows.

We knew there were omissions and graduated seniors. We also know many of the weight classes are incorrect. Preseason rankings are just a guess.

There are a dozen situations where debate is possible. For instance Boyce and West....in my opinion West is the better wrestler. BUT Boyce beat West in the last match they wrestled plus the fact that Boyce finished 2nd in the state and West finished 4th. Should West be ranked ahead of Boyce? Certainly not.

Another point. Zeits at 125. The kid finishes 4th as a Sophomore and had a shot at winning. He was injured last year. We expect he will be back this season and basically have no clue what weight he will wrestle. It is a fact he was a very good wrestler as a Sophomore and placed in the state. Beyond that, we will see.

We do this for pleasure and to generate debate. If you have followed our rankings in the past you will find we are pretty darn accurate. Matman will do a fine job with his rankings also. There is a USA Today ranking, an AP ranking and an ESPN ranking in football. All have merit and all are entertaining to look at. Just try not to take it personal.

Thanks to all of you who are providing the useful information and constructive remarks.

SB

There are two lively's from greenback, identical twins, both are juniors this year both have been to state. Michael is going 125 this year and Chris is going 130. The should have good seasons ahead, but i dont know if they are state medalist material yet, although they have improved and been to several camps and have been dedicated in the weight room.

Silverbullet,

Really appreciate all of the time you spend with your rankings, especially knowing that many people are just licking their chops to rip you apart. While I don't want to join them, just one point.

For the record, West wrestled Boyce 3X last season, winning the first and last with the last being a dominant win in the Region Tourn. I remember this because by winning, it threw Jake into the same half bracket with both eventual Champion, Bosken and Willie Furmon from Red Bank at the State Tourn. the next weekend.

Keep up the good work. Keep 'em talkin....