Football Playoff

Hawk4life

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

JaxMan, This is what the Tennessean says about the whole deal:

A Gallatin High School football player whose ineligibility forced his once playoff-bound team to forfeit five regular-season games lost a federal-court bid for a temporary restraining order yesterday to win himself and his team a spot in an upcoming playoff game.

Kyle Shipley transferred this year to Gallatin from McGavock High School. His new school filed the required papers with the TSSAA indicating he had moved with his mother to Gallatin from Hermitage.

Based on that information, the TSSAA cleared the junior to play football for the Green Wave this season.

But late last month, the TSSAA learned Shipley might not have moved from Nashville in the first place. The association's Board of Control determined that there never was a bona-fide change of address. So the TSSAA ruled Gallatin would have to forfeit five regular season victories — games in which Shipley played — meaning the team did not qualify for the playoffs.

Yesterday, Shipley's attorneys asked U.S. District Judge Todd Campbell to issue a temporary restraining order. It would have restored Shipley's eligibility — and, the player hoped, restore his team's spot in the playoffs.

Shipley's attorney, Joe Thompson, contends that the player indeed lives in Gallatin and could have proven it, had Shipley had the chance to appeal the TSSAA's latest decision.

But with the playoffs starting tomorrow, the only option was a temporary restraining order, he said.

The TSSAA has filed exhibits that show that when Shipley's younger brother filled out his emergency contact information sheet for Dupont Tyler Middle School, a McGavock feeder school, the paperwork showed that the boys' mother, Tina Hlad, was still living at their Hermitage address, not in Gallatin.

Glencliff replaced Gallatin in the 5A playoffs.

*GHS ALL HAIL*

gallatin is definitely the best team not in the playoffs. we beat the crap out of just about everybody we played....whether the score showed it or not. and for those of you that are basing your opinions of us on what happened in the hunters lane game.....lets play that game over again and see what happens. i guarantee a different outcome. i know that there are a whole lot of teams that are glad to see us out of the picture and that is all the respect i need.

gallatin is definitely the best team not in the playoffs.  we beat the crap out of just about everybody we played....whether the score showed it or not.  and for those of you that are basing your opinions of us on what happened in the hunters lane game.....lets play that game over again and see what happens. i guarantee a different outcome. i know that there are a whole lot of teams that are glad to see us out of the picture and that is all the respect i need.

Great post Freddie! And yes, we did beat almost all the teams we played. We beat all of the teams in the playoffs that are in our region but HL. See, we should be the ones sitting there labeled "Region Champs"! I truly think Gallatin fball was screwed this year and I feel so sorry for you and the rest of the seniors! Ya'll deserve to be in the playoffs! I love Gallatin fball and no matter what, I will continue to love it! Great season #6! "Bad things happen to good people"

*GHS ALL HAIL*

Edited by GWAVE04