Top Backcourts in the STATE......

gomab2

Top Backcourts in the State....

1) White Station...5'10 PG Reiley Ervin, 6'5 PG JP Prince, 6'0 2G Courtney Pigram

-----This backcourt has it all: experience, quickness, outside shooting, athleticism. There is a reason that the Station is expected to repeat.

2) Bradley Central...6'3 PG Justin Hare, 6'1 2G Kellen Pickell

-----And there is a reason BC is expected to meet White Station in the title game. Throw in Cori Pugh as the 3-man.

3) Jackson Northside...6'5 PG Richard Delk, 6'0 PG Ramon Williams, 6'5 2G Reginald Delk

-----This group may be the most talented, but hasn't acheived as many wins as the previous two, so resides at the third spot for now. If one of the three, or soph Randall Forrest can emerge as a true PG, this group may be unrivaled at the top.

4) Raleigh-Egypt...6'2 Maurice Miller, 6'1 Carlton Peete, 5'11 Rico Seay

---Freshman Miller is the X-factor in this group. Peete is very solid, and Seay is a great shooter, but Miller is the best Frosh in the State. Can he have an Andre Allen-type freshman impact?

5) Haywood Co...5'10 PG Rodney Chatman, 6'2 2G Leslie Delk

---There are not many PG's better than Chatman, and very few shooters better than Delk. A cast of other athletic guards will lead undersized Haywood back to State.

6) Ridgeway...5'10 PG Jordan Mincey, 6'6 2G Rorey Lawrence, 6'1 PG Chris Holley, 6'3 2G Michael Rice

---This group is mega-talented, but largely unproven. Mincey sat out last year, and Holley has had discipline issues.

7) BTW...5'10 PG Andre Allen, 5'8 2G James Hooper, 6'1 2G Damian Robertson

---BTW is lethal as always on the perimeter, behind 2-time Mr. Basketball Allen, and shooters Hooper and Robertson.

8) Bolivar...6'1 PG Willie Kemp, 6'2 2G JoJuan Walker, 6'1 Kyle Becton

---Kemp alone makes this group great. Watch for Walker to have a break-out year, as well as Becton.

9) Austin East...5'8 PG Al Harris, 5'11 2G Elliott Bishop, 6'0 2G Brian Bogus

---Harris is a spark-plug, and simply makes things happen. Bishop is an amazing athlete, and Bogus is solid.

10) Chester Co...5'10 Jarrett Jones, 6'5 2G Michael McCutchen

---Jones is as good an all-around PG as there is in the State. McCutchen is a vastly underrated G who can shoot, and has great knowledge of the game.

High Honorable Mention: Blackman, Oak Ridge, Stratford, Mt. Juliet, Riverdale, Memphis Melrose, Portland, LaVergne, Covington, Wooddale, Shelbyville, MLK

Edited by gomab2

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of the better backcourts around Knoxville include:

Austin East -- Albert Harris, Brian Bogus, Marquis Barrett,--Bishop is not playing according to the coach

Fulton -- Tylon Gibson, Tory McGinnis, and Rushawn Reeves

Bearden -- Paul Dickinsen, Tony White Jr., and Mario McClunie

Catholic -- Tony Fox, Matt Parton, Brett Connor

Anderson Cty--Chaniott, Lowery, Humphrey, Laverdiere, Mott, Rash, Jones

Oak Ridge-- Zach Gulmire, Brett Goeringer, Landon Thomas, Sherrod Scott

Oneida -- Jonathon Orick, Dustin Walker, Casey Byrd

Clinton-- Jonathon Dye, Travis Borum, Jordan Dixon, Mikhael Vibbert

in no particular order............

Waverly's backcourt of pg Ricco Ralston (Jr) 6'1 and sg Bubba Nichols (Sr) 6'2 are a dynamic pair and as good as any twosome in the midstate area in my humble opinion. Nichols is a pure shooter and can flat out score in a variety of ways while Ralston has great handles and incredible hops who does a little bit of everything from the point position. They will be fun to watch this season.

Ooltewah, Michael Newsome,and Sherman Moton, those 2 alone can make a top 2 back court... if you give them anyone else it just then becomes unfair... i mean seriously, maybe the rest of the state should just quit now while they can. and that includes those guys who are good enough to play in the pro's someday.... i mean why embarass yourselves by having to admit that you were schooled by 2 guys who are not even 6 feet tall, and that one of them is white... and no i do not mean sherman, he is just light skinned(all the chiks dig him that way!)

Edited by stayNskool