Hardin Co beats ridgeway on last sec. kick return!

john007

Adam Milligan returns a kickoff with 36 seconds left in the game to go up 27-24 on Ridgeway.

The game was not over though....Hudgens amazingly heaved the ball 75 yards for a touchdown, but the play was called back for ineligible reciever downfield. This was the most exciting high school football game i've ever seen.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was at the game...heartbreaking loss for ridgeway. i think ridgeway held their own in 4a. there was a lot of controversy in the game tonight. a lot of questionable calls that definitely affected the outcome of the game. hardin county will get all they want and then some in the mound next week!

This might have been one of the worst officiated games I've ever seen. How does a referee from the endzone who is making sure the ball is caught, call a penalty for an illegal man down field. Supposedly the call was that one of the Ridgeway recievers was covered up on the line, therefore making him ineligible. Now why does that ref not make that call at the beginning of the play? Hardin County had a good team, but I believe that Ridgeway would have dominated if not for the stupidity of the officials.

I would like to clear up this officiating nonsense. Hardin County scored a touchdown in the fourth quarter, but the officials didn't give it to him. They had to settle for a field goal. There was also a questionable reception by Ridgeway on their last scoring drive. I wouldn't say that the officials were one-sided at all. They made some questionable calls both ways. The calls sure didn't give Hardin County the victory. I think we should give Hardin County some credit for playing a very good game. It was definitely one of the best games I've ever been to.

The referee didn't call it from the end zone....the head linesman called it. The reason he didn't throw the flag at the beginning of the play was because you can't have ineligible downfield until it's a pass. Right when Hudgens let go of the ball, it was a pass play, therefore making the reciever ineligible. It was a heads-up call, and I beg to differ with you jayray when you say it was the worst officiated game you've ever seen. I don't think they missed a call the whole game, even the ones that went against Hardin County.

Edited by john007

Yes you were right the pass had to be thrown before that call can be made but for it to be a correct call we would have had to have 2 receivers on the line. One was a yard or two off the line so the call was not correct. I don't know what game you were watching but calls were not only missed but also made up. Nobody has tried to explain the first so called fumble that was an incomplete pass. When you step back from the snap and throw the ball to the receiver still standing on the line of scrimmage cannot be a backwards pass. This was called 2 times yet on the third time when RHS happened to land on the downed ball it was ruled and incompleted pass tell me the difference if you can in those calls.