Wayne County vs Ezell Harding

twh06

i just wanted to start off by congradulating the cats on a great season. the whole county is very proud of you guys.

that being said, lets get to the ballgame. during the first quarter, ezell couldn't stop the wildcats offensive attack. we scored 21 early and were looking good. then avery laster (our defensive captain and one of our best 2 lineman) had his ankle twisted. and when i say twisted, i mean twisted. he came off the field in tremendious pain and said that in the pile, they twisted his ankle and he was out for most of the game and when he came back in to finish his season and career, he was very limited. i swear, if i have to win dirty, i would rather not win. who ever twisted his leg is lucky that avery doesn't know who did it cause he wouldn't of had any troubel i hope whoever twisted his ankle breaks his this week. after avery came out our offense whent to the pits for 2 quarters and our defense really struggled stopping the run without our best player. ezel scored 28 unanswered after he came out. the next rediculous play was when #3 for ezell hit our reciever directly in the back 30 yards down field and nothing was called. and that's not the bad part. the bad part was that while he was laying on his back, gettis was taunting the wildcat crowd by pointing to the scoreboard. man what some respect. don't worry gettis, you'll get yours this week. i really liked ezell's offensive scheme. run the sweep and hold on every play and never get it called. it worked great. good job guys.

even though we lost, steven ruddle had a great game to end his highschool career and his cousin joseph had one of his best games all year. gettis was probalby the best athlete on the field but joseph was the best football player out there by far. one of ezell's coaches even said he was one of the best players he had seen. both of those kids along with the rest of the wildcat team played like champions last night and we were all so proud of all of them. great job guys.

Edited by robjim

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey wildcatpride " i love ezell's offensive scheme run sweep and hold every play" hey guess what holding is part of football. Go ask any good lineman that ever played organized football and he will say the same thing. If you can get away with it more power to you. Yea Mr. Ruddle palyed good the 1st quater but where was he the rest of the gmae huh???? Ezell's defense played suprisingly well especially with one big key forced turnover by i think num 11 or 55 in the fourth quater. This just goes to show everybody that Ezell can run the ball. Kyle Todd had a tremendous night with over 200 yds rushing. The eagles have very good blocking backs num 44 and 11 and a very athletic line. Coach Smith did very well by keeping his cool and staying calm after Wayne. Co. had scored 21 points quikly. And about the ref. thing do you remember in the first quater the last time W.C. had scored in the first quater, the refs. called a catch at the one yard line. The kid was at leat 3 feet out of bounds. That T.D. should have never been called and when Shclappi fumbled on the one inch line into the endzone he came up with the ball but the ref. swared he saw a W.C. kid on it first. Which should have made the final score around 49 to 28 or something like that. All you W.C. fans try to swallow a little of that wildcatpride and give Ezell some credit.

i think "mr ruddle" was there the whole night he acounted for 5 total td's ( 3 rushing and 2 passing ) he prolly had at least 10 tackles and a pic.....how much more could you ask from a guy he played his heart out the whole night and left everything on the field, but i guess those stats aren't good b/c he plays for a public school...but how could he match the 1st quarter numbers... 3 td's and a pic, thats hard to duplicate every quarter. although he seperated his shoulder on first offensive play of the game, he still managed to run over every defensive player from ezell.....

and as for saying the the ezell qb came up with the ball... unless he was wearing a black and gold #59 jersey he didnt ...b/c number 59 caleb creasy handed the ball to the ref

ezell knows they were LUCKY to make it out of wayne county with a win ...if not for injuries and a bunch of spineless refs the outcome might have been different

CASE CLOSED

LOL sorry my previous post was deleted i will admit it was quite unkind of me. But i think anyone who views, edits, or posts on this thread can clearly see how childish your words are, and how you give no respect to Ezell and their team whatsoever. If they can come out and come back from down 21-0 to win a game like that regardless of injuries and refs and ankles and fumbles and bla bla bla, they should be commended. Way to respresent Wayne Co.

your right wildcatpride but the only case closed is the wildcats season and you know that when there is a big pile up some times the ball gets taken from the person who originally had but you probly already knew that. Yea Mr. Ruddle played hard besides the first quater the only good runs he had was when Ezell was in prevent right at the end of the half.

CASE CLOSED

I was pulling for the Wayne County boys but I think you may have broke out the "Over rated" cheer a little too early last night fellas. It was like two different games once #58 went out. Congrats on a great season though maybe somebody else can beat the privates.

HA HA HA HA.....THEY CHANTED OVER RATED AND GOT BEAT??????LOL

This is the first ive heard of that, man thats funny. That just made my night. I bet the same kids that were chanting over rated are on here talking about how bad the refs sucked, the injured players, and the fumbles. And who cares how many points you scored in the first half, that score means nothing. Obviously you guys know that now.

Tell me this if Wayne County is so good how could they possibly blow a 21 point lead??? I dont get it.

I forgot to mention that the only reason Ezell won was beucase they are a private school.

Edited by NCS03

I think wayne county got a little taste of what public schools like perry co and mcewen get almost every Friday night.

Private schools have no class but they do have the talent!!!!!

It was obvious that the ezell coach had no control over his team. especially the Gettis kid. After two unsportsman penalties he sat out 3 plays. WOW. discipline.

That said... i think wayne co just got outplayed by a team that refused to give up from a 21 point hole. Wayne co hasnt played a team like that all year. We play privates all the time and when the crowd was saying overrated, i knew they havnt played privates much because they dont give up. Plus they have plenty of depth.

The second team of any private school could start in wayne co.

losing the laster kid didnt hurt them that much from what i saw. i may be wrong but wasnt all ten other starters out there the whole night.

I don't have a dog in this fight, although I was hoping for Wayne Co. to win, mostly because they represented our region.

What I want to say is, of all the teams we've played in all my years of following Forrest sports, the private schools are the ones who have shown the least class, player and fan wise. Some have been pretty nice, but others have just been down right rude, like they thought they were better that us. Especially FRA the night we beat them in 6 overtimes, and Clarksville Academy in the playoffs a few years ago. I know we've had some fans over the years who have not acted the way they should, but rudness is uncalled for. There's not a school out there that's any better than Forrest, public or private, or that has better kids in it.

"Private schools have no class but they do have the talent!!!!!"

Vikingpride, exactly how many private schools have you seen play?

You paint a rather broad stroke here, by your statement that ALL private schools have no class.

i follow the perry co vikings, We have 4 private schools in our region. region 7.

iv played against several other private schools. i have went to see several others in the playoffs. The only private school that i ever enjoyed and felt welcome at thier ballgame was when i saw CPA and collinwood.

so i am sorry for applying all private schools in my statement.