2AA

goob5804

I just wanted to congratulate all the 2AA teams for their wins tonight. I play for Alcoa and it is always good to see the teams from your region show the type of football that we play. Now we know that someone from our region will be in the semis. I hope it is us but if it isn't i hope the team that makes it represents us well. Again congratulations to Oliver Springs, Sweetwater, Rockwood, and of course ALCOA!!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you got that righ OSHS.... Now that we have taken out the pretenders... we can deal with the contenders !!! We (Sweetwater) had a great effort tonight beating a really good Pittman team. But the real test starts for us next friday night at Alcoa. Alcoa beat us 21-14 in the regular season, but its hard to beat a team twice in one year. I am a proud Wildcat fan, no doubt about that, but if we cant make it to the semi-finals .. I just hope somebody can beat Lipscomb !!! Go Wildcats :D

From an impartial observer...

The Gatlinburg Pittman - Sweetwater game was a classic. Very hard-fought game by two determined teams. It was a shame one of them had to lose. I question Gatlinburg's play-calling late in the ballgame. They scored the go-ahead TD with around 4 minutes left to go up 23-21, and for some reason, faked the PAT and tried for two, causing the QB to get sacked. That made no sense to me. You kick the PAT and go up by 3. On the ensuing kickoff, GP took a page out of Fulmer's playbook and squib-kicked it, and Sweetwater took over near their own 40, which greatly shortened the field and allowed them to march right down and score and win the game 27-23.

Two great plays tonight: 1) Sweetwater's fake reverse on the kickoff after GP took a 14-7 lead in the third quarter, which got them around 50 yards on the return, well into GP territory. 2) The diving catch by #21 for GP to score the go-ahead TD with around 4 minutes left.

A #4 over a #1 is always big. Once again, great effort by both teams, really enjoyed myself tonight at this game.

I have to agree with you...it was one heck of a football contest. I felt though, from the very start, Sweetwater had an edge physically. They have been doing some real hitting lately and when Latham gets that look in his eyes...look out.

I thought the GP team was ok. Not trying to take anything away from them, but you could tell playing the softer 2A schedule didn't have them ready for a Sweetwater team. As for any officiating questions...I give the Zebras a C- tonight. They made some bad calls both ways and pretty much let offensive lineman tackle the defense.

Good atmosphere, muddy field, some blood...it was a good game to watch.

As for the rest of the way...wow. I have seen all the teams play. Have to give OS a slight advantage with them being able to finish up at home, but the other three teams have plenty of athletes to get the job done. I really, honestly think it is totally up for grabs. All four teams are playing very well. They are all playing with a little extra confidence after a fine first-round performance and I just can't wait for the next two weeks to unfold.

Good luck to all the teams in the playoffs and may God bless all the athletes so they remain healthy and make memories they will take with them the rest of their lives.

giving the refs a c is being nice . come on guys if you were there you clearly seen the flag come down on the final touchdown that sweetwater had. took the refs over 5 minutes to come up with a call , and what do you get? a unsportsman call on the line of screamage? #### the wideout was clearly offsides, now sweetwater may have scored on the very next play and im not taking anything away from them at all but you have to get official that know the rules of this game somehow and by the way , you can never decline a false start , thats just crazy anyway good luck sweetwater i hope to see you in the finals

giving the refs a c is being nice . come on guys if you were there you clearly seen the flag come down on the final touchdown that sweetwater had. took the refs over 5 minutes to come up with a call , and what do you get? a unsportsman call on the line of screamage? #### the wideout was clearly offsides, now sweetwater may have scored on the very next play and im not taking anything away from them at all but you have to get official that know the rules of this game somehow and by the way , you can never decline a false start , thats just crazy anyway good luck sweetwater i hope to see you in the finals

I was the wideout and i wasnt off sides..that isnt even what they were talkin about....the reason the flag was threw was because they said i was more than 15 yds from the huddle when it was broke.and honestly i wasnt even aware of this rule.but anyways..good job to all region 2 teams!

lol....i was just trying to get GP's coaches attention...lol..and it worked..gp was in their defensive huddle cause before the play there was a timeout...and when they broke it i was already over there and the db wouldnt even had seen me if it wasnt for their coaches!! they were goin crazy!!they thought that i was gonna be in the play...(trick play)...i was just trying to get in their heads...but i really didnt know about that rule...