Smyrna @ Lincoln County

falconfan94

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not going to make any predictions but I'm going to say this. Smyrna is easily the most athletic team that Lincoln Co. will play this year whether they win or lose. This team matches with Lincoln Co. size and speed. This will probably be the best playoff game all year and I would not be surprised if this game went into overtime. I'll even go as far as saying whoever wins this game will be in the state championship.

This post gets the Daydream of the Year award!

I know it's the playoffs and nothing really matters but if you look at history Smyrna has played Licoln Co tough. Smyrna has won 5 in a row the only other times in the history of the program that they have done that is in 1995 when they lost in the semis to the state champs cleaveland and in 2000 when they lost to hillsboro. Cleaveland had a 45game winning streak and beat smyrna on the last play of the game.

Night and Day

I have been anticipating this game since about 4 weeks back, and it scares me! I saw Smyrna play Riverdale earlier in the season. They do have the O Line and D Line that matches up with Lincoln County well! The linebacker they have will knock your lights out, and as posted by someone is all over the field.

I think that Lincoln County will re-group this week after a sub par performance last night. I hope that Gregory plays, but the backup RB is just as good! The battle will be won up front in this game, and the team that control their line of scrimmage, will win this game in my opinion. Falcons win, but not in a blowout. This will be a good test for the Falcons if they are to make it to the promise land!

Edited by Big D.

Guest region4fan

I just have to point out that after both of these teams (Smyrna and Lincoln County) eeked out wins against a very determined Oakland team, both yelped about penalties. Coach Shadowens in the radio show last week publicly downed the officials.He went so far as to say that that crew would not be back at his field. ( insinuating they would be scratched)At crucial times, Smyrna became unfocused and committed penalties. I will have to admit that OHS shot themselves a couple of key times as well with some yellow flags too. But you didn't see oakland2001 or myself coming on here and carrying on about the officials. Don't forget we lost both games and that could have been our battle cry for losing.

Now LC is doing the same. It hurts that we lost. It hurts more that one of the posters in insinuating that the Officials last night were trying to keep the game close. That is a total crock. The bottom line was that Oakland has had to play all 4 quarters due to playing formidable opponents. LC has been able to pull out the starters early. They have not played the level of competition that we have. Now let's call it what it is...............they were expecting to cruise through this one. They were shocked at Oakland's intensity. They are not used to being challenged. They became unfocused and starting breaking. Therefore, they started making stupid mistakes. Don't blame the officials for 14 penalties. Everyone know that the officials may make a mistake or two. But not 14. Thompson has much work ahead of him. There are several teams left that have had some tough, tight games and survived. The Falcons are not invincible!! Sorry , but this is very true. Bottom line, Smyrna and LC better learn to keep those emotions in check and not make freshman mistakes like holding and unsportsmanlike conduct penalties. Because someone is going to capitalize on them bigtime! And both of these teams may be watching the Blue Cross game from the stands no matter how much athleticism and talent each has!

Edited by region4fan

As much as I'd like Lincoln Co. to get upset(no offense, I just wouldn't like any 6-5A teams to see them in the blue-cross bowl!) they're going to beat Smyrna. I don't know if it's going to be as one sided as everyone seemed to think it would be. This is the playoffs, and any team can win. Just ask Antioch.

Lincoln Co-38

Smyrna-28

Wow you guys write long post!

I i will try to keep up

1.shady04 you say you played with and know these guys-----well apparently not I have been around this group all yr they are a solid good group of kids and they just go play. they have played a extremely tough schedule and got behind both Brentwood and Gallatin and came back with chances to win both games especially gallatin when we fumbled on the 1 yrd line with 30 seconds to go after being down 17 point so you say if we get behind we will fold, well quite frankly that comment shows you don't have a clue and makes your post what they are sour grapes

2.region - shadowens was right about the officials I have watched the tape and it is pitiful I have never seen as many bogus and I mean no one even in the area holding calls in my life. I to am tired of officials trying to be the game instead of calling the game A pancake block by anyone is now a hold and I have seen these calls both against us and our opponents when you watch a tape it is frankly disturbing to see how bad some of the calls are they are so bad it makes you question their motives. I am talking about the yr in general and not just the oakland game.

3.Coffee Counties running back would not start for Smyrna or Oakland if Crawford or Johnson played their schedule they would rush for 3000 yards. I just didn't see it he was held to under a 100 yrds until less than a minute to go and got a 26yrd run against the 3rd team. Plus they run him every play no matter down and distance 3rd and 15 run him up the middle etc. Even when he had room to run he didn't and wasn't hard to bring down

4. Once again everyone is talking about Wolke vs Edminson and I hope LC places all their focus there because it is not Wolke that is the main threat for Smyrna it is Marsalous Johnson (he din't run it but twice gainst OAkland due to a hip pointer)

He had well over a 100 yards again last night.

5. 41 is Johnsathon Taylor or JT he has a blast playing football and he will flat out hit you. He plays a sort of rover position on defense and can line up anywhere from end to lb to safety.

Early early prediction

Smyrna 24

LC 21

Now LC is doing the same. It hurts that we lost. It hurts more that one of the posters in insinuating that the Officials last night were trying to keep the game close. That is a total crock.

That is your opinion brother and you are entitled to it, but ain't it funny that more than one is saying the same thing here! Again, I'm not taking anything away from Oakland, and have said that in an early post that I started. I said that Oakland had something to do with Lincoln County not playing one of their better games, and no, I don't think any LC Fan expected Lincoln County to cruse 50-0 in this ballgame. I call a spade a spade, and the officiating in this game was terrible!!! PERIOD!

I i will try to keep up

1.shady04 you say you played with and know these guys-----well apparently not I have been around this group all yr they are a solid good group of kids and they just go play. they have played a extremely tough schedule and got behind both Brentwood and Gallatin and came back with chances to win both games especially gallatin when we fumbled on the 1 yrd line with 30 seconds to go after being down 17 point so you say if we get behind we will fold, well quite frankly that comment shows you don't have a clue and makes your post what they are sour grapes

2.region - shadowens was right about the officials I have watched the tape and it is pitiful I have never seen as many bogus and I mean no one even in the area holding calls in my life. I to am tired of officials trying to be the game instead of calling the game A pancake block by anyone is now a hold and I have seen these calls both against us and our opponents when you watch a tape it is frankly disturbing to see how bad some of the calls are they are so bad it makes you question their motives. I am talking about the yr in general and not just the oakland game.

3.Coffee Counties running back would not start for Smyrna or Oakland if Crawford or Johnson played their schedule they would rush for 3000 yards. I just didn't see it he was held to under a 100 yrds until less than a minute to go and got a 26yrd run against the 3rd team. Plus they run him every play no matter down and distance 3rd and 15 run him up the middle etc. Even when he had room to run he didn't and wasn't hard to bring down

4. Once again everyone is talking about Wolke vs Edminson and I hope LC places all their focus there because it is not Wolke that is the main threat for Smyrna it is Marsalous Johnson (he din't run it but twice gainst OAkland due to a hip pointer)

5. 41 is Johnsathon Taylor or JT he has a blast playing football and he will flat out hit you. He plays a sort of rover position on defense and can line up anywhere from end to lb to safety.

Early early prediction

Smyrna 24

LC 21

CAt, I'd say your score will be wrong I think LC will regroup and dominate Smyrna.. If smyrna can defense so well why did oakland score so well against them... LC takes this one big...

I i will try to keep up

3.Coffee Counties running back would not start for Smyrna or Oakland if Crawford or Johnson played their schedule they would rush for 3000 yards. I just didn't see it he was held to  under a 100 yrds until less than a minute to go and got a 26yrd run against the 3rd team. Plus they run him every play no matter down and distance 3rd and 15 run him up the middle etc. Even when he had room to run he didn't and wasn't hard to bring down

Early early prediction

Smyrna 24

LC 21

I really don't see this defense giving up 21 points!!!!!!!!!!!

Smyrna may get the average...I would really like to know what back has the most yards against LC's defense...

Edited by FALCON4