CAK 31 Cloudland 30

Fballman685

What an amazing game. CAK came to play and they did it well. Cunningham was right on target. With 2:30 left on the clock, CAK started their drive from their own 20 yard line. CAK completed pass after pass and controlled the clock well with Cloudland up 30 to 24. CAK got down to Cloudlands 10 yard line and Cunningham connected a pass to Nathan Chesney in the corner of the endzone with 5 seconds left on the clock. It was all history when Jeremy Park connected the extra point to put the Warriors in the lead. CAK kicked off to the Highlanders and Mark Byrd was tackled with 0 on the clock. The CAK fans rushed the field as the Warriors celebrated their huge upset. Congratulations to the Warriors with their awesome win. Cloudland played an awesome game as well. CAK will travel up to Midway Friday to play in their second round bout. Good luck Warriors.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D Well, I guess I'm ready to eat the crow. We just got took to the woodshed. Thats all you can say. I'm very disappointed with our fan support. Everyone, including me, the players, and all the fans went into this game thinking another blowout. I hope we can all learn a lesson from this. We have to take one game at a time. CAK showed a lot of heart. They wanted it more than we did and their fans rallied around their team. I was disappointed in our line because they just laid down in the fourth quarter. That was the first time I've seen Cloudland lose because the other team had more heart. I love coach Lunsford, but He has lost his fire. He showed absolutely no emotion the entire game. It was so different than 2001 when everyone had the fire in our eyes. As for myself, I've payed dearly for my arrogance. It really hurts to lose. The Landers were stripped of all their pride. Krp, you were right about Cak being a private thorn in our side, but last night they were a knife in the heart. Pennyplay, you would have won some money ;) I guess I'll have to pull for South Pitt now. I hope we lander fans can appreciate our run the last 4 years and realize the shoe will be on the other foot for awhile, because every real winner knows how to handle losing. Mark Byrd has been phenomenal. I will really miss him wearing a lander jersey. I feel this is also Coach Lunsfords last game as coach of the highlanders. A good run has come to an end. State titles don't just fall into your lap. You have to put the hard work in the offseason, and Cloudland just never steps up to the plate.

:D Well, I guess I'm ready to eat the crow. We just got took to the woodshed. Thats all you can say. I'm very disappointed with our fan support. Everyone, including me, the players, and all the fans went into this game thinking another blowout. I hope we can all learn a lesson from this. We have to take one game at a time. CAK showed a lot of heart. They wanted it more than we did and their fans rallied around their team. I was disappointed in our line because they just laid down in the fourth quarter. That was the first time I've seen Cloudland lose because the other team had more heart. I love coach Lunsford, but He has lost his fire. He showed absolutely no emotion the entire game. It was so different than 2001 when everyone had the fire in our eyes. As for myself, I've payed dearly for my arrogance. It really hurts to lose. The Landers were stripped of all their pride. Krp, you were right about Cak being a private thorn in our side, but last night they were a knife in the heart. Pennyplay, you would have won some money :P I guess I'll have to pull for South Pitt now. I hope we lander fans can appreciate our run the last 4 years and realize the shoe will be on the other foot for awhile, because every real winner knows how to handle losing. Mark Byrd has been phenomenal. I will really miss him wearing a lander jersey. I feel this is also Coach Lunsfords last game as coach of the highlanders. A good run has come to an end. State titles don't just fall into your lap. You have to put the hard work in the offseason, and Cloudland just never steps up to the plate.

Hey, I just predicted SP would beat Boyd. Save a little of that crow in case I have to consume a little myself.

Flossie, that is a fair weather fan attitude if I ever heard one. Shame on you. Cloudland has had a heck of a run the past several years and if you cannot be proud of what they accomplished then your not much of a supporter.

Landers, good job all year to the players, I still do not like the way Lunsford ran the score up, but the players, you guys are ball players no doubt.

Region 2 is one of the toughest regions in 1A ball and swept region 1. It is to bad that you have to eliminate each other now to go on. Good luck to all region 2, and good Job.