CAK 31 Cloudland 30

Fballman685

What a great run, 49 wins and 1 lose in regular season in the last 5 year. Thanks player and coaches for all the great memories on Friday night. We will always be LANDER fans

Lawrence and Evelyn Roberts

This is what we need to do, not what McCurry is posting. Evelyn And Lawrence, you are a credit to our community for all the good things you have done for the whole school.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Josh...if you are flossie....then i am very ashamed of you....i thought that you had more class than that....we stand by our highlanders 100%...win or lose.....this has been the best team that has been at cloudland...and guess what...YOU ARENT ON IT....as you have said...you are a hasbeen....just as i am....but i still stand behind me team and i don't kick them while they are down

I'm sorry if what i'm posting seems dirty. I'm just as disappointed as anybody else. I just feel like all of this could have been avoided. A lot of things played into the other nights defeat besides conditioning. I'm ready to move on and forget about it. The team can't go back and do it over. The competitive side of me wants to point out the mistakes and faults, but since everybody is getting upset about it, I won't bring it up anymore. I do love the team and coaches and I'm not trying to kick them when they are down. RBC and meow, I still like you guys :D and girl :) RBC, I apologize for using your name.

flossie....i know that you can find faults....i do with the basketball team all the time.....but just remember that these are suppossed to be the best four years of a teenagers life.....and football was the majority of their lives.....we don't need the football players coming on here and finding their fans telling every fault that they have.....they are taking this hard enuf as it is.....be confident....stay behind your team no matter what.....good luck to CAK....i hope that you win the gold ball

:D Well, I guess I'm ready to eat the crow. We just got took to the woodshed. Thats all you can say. I'm very disappointed with our fan support. Everyone, including me, the players, and all the fans went into this game thinking another blowout. I hope we can all learn a lesson from this. We have to take one game at a time. CAK showed a lot of heart. They wanted it more than we did and their fans rallied around their team. I was disappointed in our line because they just laid down in the fourth quarter. That was the first time I've seen Cloudland lose because the other team had more heart. I love coach Lunsford, but He has lost his fire. He showed absolutely no emotion the entire game. It was so different than 2001 when everyone had the fire in our eyes. As for myself, I've payed dearly for my arrogance. It really hurts to lose. The Landers were stripped of all their pride. Krp, you were right about Cak being a private thorn in our side, but last night they were a knife in the heart. Pennyplay, you would have won some money :( I guess I'll have to pull for South Pitt now. I hope we lander fans can appreciate our run the last 4 years and realize the shoe will be on the other foot for awhile, because every real winner knows how to handle losing. Mark Byrd has been phenomenal. I will really miss him wearing a lander jersey. I feel this is also Coach Lunsfords last game as coach of the highlanders. A good run has come to an end. State titles don't just fall into your lap. You have to put the hard work in the offseason, and Cloudland just never steps up to the plate.

Inappropriate language and I have reported this post.

Edited by Bighurt

Hang in there CAK, it took Boyd 25 years to beat South Pittsburg for the first time and now we are dominating them.  What a Millennium! :D

I wouldn't call it dominating. Either way it's about to end. We lost everyone in 99 it's takes a while to rebuild. We can't get players from all over Southeast Tn and North Georgia. We have to be content with what few live in this little corner of Marion Co and maybe an occasional from AL. Even players here are not safe from Boyds clutches. I guess when yall couldn't beat us for those 25 years you decided to try and entice our players. Just ask Marion Co.

Edited by krp

xlander, dummy or whatever,

That is the most ridicolous and wussie post that I have ever read. If you don't have any more sense than to write something like that crap, why don't you leave the area. I'll personally buy you a one way ticket to Iraq and you can live with Saddam. CoachT should delete you from this sight and then hunt you down and bring you to Roan Mountain. I believe you would change your opinion and your language. It really takes a low life to write something as crappy as that.

I hope that is your first and last post.

if you don't like the landers then don't post...simple as that.....

Meow,

I know you are a Cloudland fan but you may want to realize that a lot of people dont like Cloudland but they are entiled to a opinon and post it. The post you were talking about was uncalled for but your reply could have been alittle more speific.

We were beat by a good CAK team. They outplayed us in the fourth quarter and are playing this week. Let's look and celebrate our accomplishments not our one loss. The teams that are celebrating our defeat are either jealous of our accomplishments or glad they didnt have to make the trip to Roan Mountain. Once again, Congrats CAK and Cloudland on an excellent game and season for the Landers.

i understand that other people don't like cloudland...and that's fine...but i don't think that it is right for them to go on a cloudland post and use such vulgar language....i was highly offended....and i don't think that i was out of line one bit....and i have congratulated our boys....i go to school with these people.....they deserve better than that.....i would have thought that with you being a highlander you would have understood that