McKenzie vs. Lewis County

dt87

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best of luck to both LC and the Rebels next Friday night! The Rebels finally seemed to hit their stride last Friday aginst Cheatham Co. and got both their running and passing games going in one game. Something about playoff time and Rebel football that seems to bring out the best in the Rebels in recent years. This should be a very good game though. It does seem to have evolved into a rivalry of sorts.

I feel the Rebels should get the better of things in this game but, one never knows for sure 'till it's over. Camden is much improved from the time that we played them but, if last night is any indication to me, so are the Rebels. I don't think it will be a blowout but feel the Rebels will win it.

Congrats to all the 6AA teams that won (and to Camden) for representing region 6AA well last night! And also, a "well done" to Cheatham Co. Ya'll have a good and talented team and probably the best fans i've seen at a game in a long time! Ya'll will be welcome in McKenzie anytime.

Thanks for the good posts from the Lewis Co. side of this matter. Ya'll do realize that two of your coaches are McKenzie born and raised and your head coach Bobby Sharp had his start here so it's kinda like ol' home day for some of us! We love our Rebels over here just as ya'll do your Panthers. So, lets keep that in mind this week and hope for a really good game Friday night. I really hope that it's the kind of game that BOTH teams can walk off the field with their heads up! A lot of kids on both sides of the ball will be facing their possible last game Friday night and it's always tough to experience that no matter what the outcome. I've been there as have a lot of you others so, you know what I mean.

Best of luck to both LC and the Rebels next Friday night! The Rebels finally seemed to hit their stride last Friday aginst Cheatham Co. and got both their running and passing games going in one game. Something about playoff time and Rebel football that seems to bring out the best in the Rebels in recent years. This should be a very good game though. It does seem to have evolved into a rivalry of sorts.

I feel the Rebels should get the better of things in this game but, one never knows for sure 'till it's over. Camden is much improved from the time that we played them but, if last night is any indication to me, so are the Rebels. I don't think it will be a blowout but feel the Rebels will win it.

Congrats to all the 6AA teams that won (and to Camden) for representing region 6AA well last night! And also, a "well done" to Cheatham Co. Ya'll have a good and talented team and probably the best fans i've seen at a game in a long time! Ya'll will be welcome in McKenzie anytime.

Thanks for the good posts from the Lewis Co. side of this matter. Ya'll do realize that two of your coaches are McKenzie born and raised and your head coach Bobby Sharp had his start here so it's kinda like ol' home day for some of us! We love our Rebels over here just as ya'll do your Panthers. So, lets keep that in mind this week and hope for a really good game Friday night. I really hope that it's the kind of game that BOTH teams can walk off the field with their heads up! A lot of kids on both sides of the ball will be facing their possible last game Friday night and it's always tough to experience that no matter what the outcome. I've been there as have a lot of you others so, you know what I mean.

Duck,

I saw you at the game Friday but did not get a chance to say hi. You were walking across the bleachers right before half I think and you disappeared. I will try to catch you at Lewis Co. or if I see you on Como I will yell at you.

Heck of a showing by our offensive line and our backs. WOW!! We finally stepped up and that will take alot of pressure off of Hayes.

What about Clint Manns? Had the game of his life.

Don Haney

Why would you want Mckenzie to fill up their side of the stands? It might take some seating away from those cheese eating lewis co fans that sit on the visitors side and take up the standing room on the fence. Seems to me they should fill up their own stands before spilling over to the visitor side, that's pretty tacky.

Well, here again the bad sportsmanship in someone comes out. I'm not sure why you would want to badmouth Lewis County, but for whatever the reason, this is not the place nor the time. We're here to have a polite conversation over a game that I believe will be very good. Take you and your immature tactics, and please, leave the premises. :)

As for the Mckenzie-Lewis Co. game, as a Mck. fan, I want the rebels to be the victor. I know that we will have to play a game like we did against Cheatem County for that to happen though. Lewis County is from what I've heard a very good team. They also have revenge on their side, because the last 2 meetings between these 2 teams have had a Rebel outcome. Whatever the score is, I want to see/hear if I can't get to the game, a good matchup. I don't want to predict the score though, because every time I do that, it turns in opposite of what I wanted. Good luck to both teams however.

Don Haney

Why would you want Mckenzie to fill up their side of the stands? It might take some seating away from those cheese eating lewis co fans that sit on the visitors side and take up the standing room on the fence. Seems to me they should fill up their own stands before spilling over to the visitor side, that's pretty tacky.

well that was just a tad bit uncalled for, was it not? it's simple really, lewis county fans have to sit on the visitors side due to the fact the stands on the home side are always full. that's the kind of fans that the panthers have. all the regulars are there and the bigger the game, the bigger the crowd. be sure to save us some room over there with you guys. <_<

volsandtitans1,

Don't know if I'll make it to LC Friday night or not yet but give me a shout when you can. Clint had a game for sure!!!! Cought that one in the corner that completely surprised him that it even got to him!!!!!!!!!!!! His concentration level must have been at an all time high though. I was standing down by the fence about 10 yds. from him when he caught it and couldn't believe it myself. Has psychorebel showed up yet. Ought to be pretty happy to see the success with the run we had Friday night. HUH! Looked good to me too! Later.