Show a little class

pujo

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone who has been around football any length of time has been where Cloudland is today. There is no doubt losing a game that you are favored in and even expected to win is the hardest to take. My hat is off to the players from Roan Mtn. for unbelievable accomplishments, although I am sure they are not the goals they had envisioned for themselves.

No one should ever try to rub in a loss at any level, because these are kids playing a game that teaches valuable and real lessons of life. People should play with class and be humble both in victory and defeat. It is never OK to rub in a loss or go for 2 when up by more than 50, ever. Because when the light are turned off at the game field the ones that hurt the most are the ones with the most invested, the players, whether they were the team that was upset by an underdog or the team that was beaten beyond belief.

WJR This statement was taken out of contest. I said I would retaliate to derogatory statements about Cloudland and that's what I was doing there in regards to a post made by volman, who was bashing us. I still stand by my statement, and I believe if you ask, CAK has plenty of respect for us now. Did I think we would win, of course I did, so did 99% of the people in Tn. Did I think we could lose somewhere along the line, oh yeah.

Yeah

Well if you want to talk about people who need to show a little class... I shall put in my two cents. Last night we played DCA, it was a good game, despite the scoreboard, we fought hard, played good... DCA Fans need to show class... at least the ones that posted that "Dear Raiders" sign... I don't care how good your team is you have no right to get that cocky.. that offended several raider fans, and gave several a good laugh at the lack of class in Some of the DCA people. Don't get me wrong, DCA has great people, but the few who were in on that need to grow up! ;)

Like I said, it is time to move on and quit babying the kids. They need to learn how to lose as well as win. They have no reason to hang their head. Personally, I have been there. When I was a senior, I was on a fantastic basketball team that was upset in the regionals by a close score. Hey, it hurts, but it makes you grow. Move on "Landers!