Huntingdon vs. Chester Co.

tricklician

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BrewVol, great post and great assessment of CC.

One thing about our offense, it's come a long way since week 4. Since we started using less misdirection, we've been much more effective. Against better defensive teams like H'don, we would often lose yardage because the misdirection took too long to develop. We rarely use it now, and have averaged over 400 yards per game of offense since changing the style. Of course, none of those games have been against a team like H'don, but I think you get the point.

Our passing will also, as you said, need to be effective on Friday. Jake has looked so much better lately in throwing the ball. The O-line needs to step it up and protect him against a fast and strong Mustang defense.

As for turnovers, I think our margin is something like +11. Only 2 games we turned it over more than our opponents have been our losses to McKenzie and Huntingdon. Go figure. Our secondary is better than they were in week 4 as well... our corners are both playing their first years of football, and a full season under their belts has been good for them. Neither make the mistakes they were making early on.

After having seen each game that Huntingdon has played this year, I really think that Chester county saw Huntingdon's worst game of the year and that is taking into consideration the loss to Milan. I am sure part of that can be contributed to how well Chester county played.

Here is how I see this game shaping up:

Offensively:

Chester county MUST be able to score more than 7 points. In the first meeting, other than one good drive, Chester county was not able to move the ball effectively. Huntingdon is averaging better than 40 points a game and has scored less than 30 only twice this year. The loss to Milan and the game against Chester county.

Defensively:

Huntingdon is looking better on defense than they have all year. The play has become more physical as they have stepped up the intensity. Also, one of Huntingdon's big play makers did not play against Chester county the first time. Chester county without a doubt has a very good defense and I feel that they will need to make some things happen defensively if they want to pull this game out.

that's a very trashy statement to make and also untrue. If he was too old for high school he wouldn't be playing. Chris Donald is 14 and he's done alright this year. What else you got to say?

Nellett was disciplined by the coaching staff. It was a minor incident that many felt didn't warrant the punishment. However, Nellett took it like a man and has responded since with the most intense play of his career. He's had a fabulous season and I can assure you will be ready for more Friday night.

Edited by BrewVol

that's a very trashy statement to make and also untrue. If he was too old for high school he wouldn't be playing. Chris Donald is 14 and he's done alright this year. What else you got to say?

I"m not sure what ignited this response. Nobody ever said anything about anyone's age (unless I just missed it somewhere), and I didn't think fan2's statement was at all trashy; plus, it was accurate. But who cares? The point is that Nellett will be there and everyone in the stadium will know it. I suspect we'll hear his name several times over the PA system.

I talked with B. Nellett lastnight. This Huntingdon team is focused. Focused on the gold. The way he has stepped up his game is great. When or if you get a chance

to see him Friday night watch the way he tries to get to the QB on passes and how he stops the hole up on running plays.

CC good luck and I hope all of the players well for the best of both teams. So they can play Friday.