Knoxville basketball?

Froggy

Splains hornet i agree with the first few on your list but how can carter be ahead of teams that we lost to last year and after losing the best coach in the school's history. Oh yeah and watch out for the team he now coaches because they have some players. With a 6'6 center and the Cunnigham kid who plays qb at the 3 CAK is going to be good. Not to mention they have the coach that know more about basketball than everyone posting on this board combined.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the reason why carter is ahead of other teams that you might of lost to is Coach Mitchell is the real deal... He is great coach and will have about the best defense in the area next to Jody Wright. This is what they missed in past years. The one thing Mitchell is doing that is smarter then the old coach is he is visiting the middle school once a week at lunch, and meeting the kids, this will help get more people to play and will help any talent from transfering out. We all know the Carter community has talent the key is getting them to play and that is what Mitchell is doing...

I am not trying to bash your old coach he is awesome. I never have seen a guy so dedicated to basketball, thats all he want to do and I respect him for that...

fanatic 15....you are right...S-D is not top 5....a goat herder from ooltewah paid me $7 to type that...my real top 5 is as follows:

1) Clinton

2) Bearden

3) Fulton

4) Oak Ridge

5) Farragut/Alcoa

I hear these teams are the real deal. is this a little better, or more to your liking?

I guess South Doyle would be ranked .5 then since they beat CLinton in a scrimmage.... Come on lets hear the excuses about what happend to Clinton....

Also Ooltewah is a great team, probably better then about everyone in knoxville next ot AE, and SOuth Doyle lost to a good team... And for McMinn Central, they are loader with talent and size that would match up well with CLinton....

Ooltewah has a good team but they still have alot to prove. They were 10-13 last year and lost 8 of there 13 by less than 10 points. Yet, they lost just 1 senior. Who was arguable their best player, but they are returning 4 starters and a 5th who alternated and even a 6th who started the year before but took last year off. This team is loaded with talent, but until the season gets underway and Ooltewah proves just how good they are or can be they are still that same 10 - 13 team.

Bonfire,

I remember playing against L.C. when he coached there and they were weak but now that i think about it they did play good defense. But it will take more his reputation with some of the players Carter has in their program. I remember last year when coach would not even care if the jv guys missed pratice and coach never begged them to come to pratice because he thought that if a player wants to come to pratice he will come. I am definetly giving Coach Mitchell a chance though, I hear that he is good. But the combined basketball IQ on the team is not very high. Dont think that i am bashing the progaram because i am not i love this program but unless attitude changes are made it will be a struggle for coach Mitchell to get what he wants done the first year. He may get one out of ten players to stay who went to the middle school but it is hard when the kids want to go to A-E and Fulton to play for those programs and who can blame then really.

Edited by jwalker

how can carter be ahead of teams that we lost to last year and after losing the best coach in the school's history.

JW, Last year we beat West, played horrible against Halls who I still think we were better than. We dressed 8 players to play Central over the Mid-Winter Holiday. We lost to Gibbs at Gibbs and trounced them at Home. CAK and TSD we didn't play. As for losing the best coach in school history, you are completely correct. Coach Darden was great for the Carter program and he should be thanked for his years of service, he felt like it was time for a move and CAK where his buddy Bill Wilson is had an opening. Coach Mitchell has large shoes to fill, but I think he help get Carter to where we would like to see it. Rome wasn't built in a day neither is building an elite basketball program like Mitchell would like.

Splains hornet,

Yeah i remember those games i played in them and played against the players. Halls has the Jones kid and West always has talent, and they also beat a very good Bearden team last year. We shouldn't have beat West last year, I made a stupid pass at the end of the game that was defelected and luckly I got the ball back and threw it to Alvin for a layup at the other end to make the score 45-43. Anyway preseason stuff is stupid because everybody analyzies from last year and that is false since this year is a new year.