Knoxville basketball?

Froggy

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HEY FAT JOE!!

Why are you comparing eveything to football. This is a baskebtall board. And you can turn that Tennessee crap around all kinds of ways. You could say that Florida should have beatin Tennessee cause they beat Georgia who killed Tennessee. Explain it that way. You are making a repatitve statement. I saw Greenback this weekend, are you kidding me they are a joke. My cousins YMCA team could beat them and you are bragging about beating them. haha. All i am saying is that i know that South Doyle is definately not #2 team in Knoxville, maybe not even the top 5!! Bearden is a better team, and i am not going by points, i am strictly going by who i felt had a better team, Oak Ridge or South Doyle, and my judgement is that Oak Ridge is a much better team. And MNewballer killed you on the fact that South Doyle got out of vans after riding for two hours and played, but they didnt even play Ooltewah first, they played McMinn which would give them time to warm up while Ooltewah should be the cold ones cause they are sitting there having to watch. So get it strait before you come out sayin something stupid.

My Opinon of the Knoxville Area Basketball Scene:

AE

Fulton

Bearden

Karns

South-Doyle

Farragut

Catholic

Powell

Carter

West

Halls

Central

Gibbs

CAK

TSD

Clinton much Improved, and Karns will be throwing up threes like crazy (again). Oak Ridge is still the team to beat. Halls has a solid Freshmen class coming in with Sharp, and Powell has a chance to be a big time player in this district.

3-AAA

Oak Ridge

Clinton

Karns

Powell

Halls

Central

Campbell Co.

Maryville has one of the most solid players in the area. Bearden has the best mind manipulator in the state, South-Doyle is finally getting players there to build a program, Farragut is huge and Gibson is a steady player for the Admirals. Heritage has made huge strides under coach Rines, and Billy Blount will be a tough opponent. TOUGH TOUGH TOUGH District.

4-AAA

Maryville

Bearden

South Doyle

Farragut

West

William

Heritage

Sevier Co.

A-E always the team to beat get them before the football guys get back. Alco brings back an entire team that was a tip-in away from Murfreesboro, Fulton always well coached very steady team. Carter time will tell, Seymour has coach Moore who always puts a squad that will give it their all on the court, and Gibbs has no inside game, but plenty of guards they may need to borrow the Karns play book (see District 3-AAA)

3-AA

Austin-East

Alcoa

Fulton

Carter

Seymour

Gibbs

CAK coach Darden's first year will be a learning expierence. Has some talent, not many posts. Could be an interesting year for the Warriors if they can get by the mighty Eagles of Cosby School.

3-A

Cosby

Christian Academy of Knoxville

Greenback

Midway

Tennessee School for the Deaf

Catholic has some good players on their team they play their half-court offense very well with all those screens. When their shooters are on they can be one of the better teams around.