district 12a

quitfronting

my predictions:

1. Wayne co- Mcnutt will lead her team to the district championship with defense and scoring.

2. Perry co.- everybody talking about them but there not going to win.

3. collinwood- might get third not very good no scorers but everyboody else besides wayne co and P.C. can't even dribble the ball so they'll get third I heard c-wood can play off the court though.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really want to add my 2 cents about the comment saying that McNutt will lead Wayne County to the district championship with her defense and scoring, but i'll refrain and just give my predictions:

1. Perry County - A great team full of potential talent which is led by their three dynamic sophomores. Strong defense and excellent shooters should make for some easy games for the Lady Vikings.

2. Summertown - Great coach, sound fundamentals, good defense, and a good group of freshmen should lock up a top spot for them.

3. Wayne County - I got a chance to see them play and Diana has improved some. However, I still don't think that she has grasped the concept of being a leader. She needs to get some advice on how to lead a team from her sister, and then pray that McNutt and McDonald get better quickly, or the Lady Cats will be wishing they were in the 3 spot come tourney time.

4. Collinwood - All of their players return, including Greer and Hensley. However, they do not have a significant scorer. One of those two need to step up and be a leader for this team. If that happens, they may take down Wayne County for that 3rd spot and give the top 2 a run for their money.

5. Santa Fe - Lost a couple of players, i think, but return many significant players from the team that made a run in district and region play last year. They could make some noise.

6. Frank Hughes - They need Watson to be on every night, or they'll end up where they usually end up come tourney time. If they could just learn to dribble and pass the ball well, and limit their turnovers, they could be a really good team.

7. Hampshire - This team played fairly decent last year and returns some significant players. However, if a team can press them agressively, they'll break and crumble under the pressure.

8. Mt. Pleasant - They don't have much, but they are pretty quick. They have no significant players coming up in the next few years, so unless they get some help from somewhere, the future for the Mt. Pleasant Girl's Basketball program is looking pretty bleak.

9. Columbia Academy - They are still young, and a little immature. They need to grow up, work together, and play some good basketball, or they won't win a game this year.

10. Zion Christian Academy - I honestly don't know a thing about this team. I hope that they have gotten better this year because i would hate to see them go winless again this year.

All in all, it should be a great season. I cannot wait to see all the games in 12A this year, as well as those in 11A (lots of driving for me). It should be exciting.

ptguard12 I Think that you hit the mark that looks just like about how the ditrict will go. There will probably be a few upsets here and there but it will all even out in the end. If C'wood can find a scorer they will be hard to handle but they will have to fine one and quick. Perry Co with no doubt be the team to beat. It is always tough to get a "W" at there place no matter if they have a good team or average. The same goes for Waynesboro just a tough place to play with the crowd and everythin. Look for a very interesting season in District 12a this year. ;)

p.s. quitfronting I think that the last thread got closed because of people like you talking about the players and not there games.

ptguard12~ That is SO harsh putting in comments about Diana and her team-mates like that! I am going to believe you said those comments about them simply b/c you know Diana has improved tremendously, not just a little... I cannot wait until everyone see's what i mean, come season time. "she needs to get a little advice from her sister".. oh my gosh, why would u put something like that in there?! what are you thinking? everyone needs to quit comparing Diana to Erica, you act like she HAS to live up to her, well she doesn't! they are different people!!! How would that make you feel if everyone was comparing you to your bro/sis all the time. Diana is a leader, I think she more than proved that during the summer! :angry: Leave it alone! this thread is about the TEAMS, so quit talking smack about the players! :angry:

Looks like Perry County will be the team to beat this year. About the tryin to find a scorer from Cwood I think they got that under control. Wboro will still be a good team just like they have in the past. Just like Summertown. District 12a is gonna be very interesting to watch this year. But Im really confused about the first post sayin that Cwood is able to play off the court. ??? ;) About them not bein very good, I know that these girls are workin extremely hard and they look NOTHING like they did last year..but I guess we'll just have to wait and see!

Checkurself,

I have seen Diana and the Lady Cats play this year and I was just giving my assesment of what they looked like. I am not saying that Diana needs to be Erica, she just needs to be a little more confident in her leadership abilities (something Erica could HELP her with). She's looks a little scared out there sometimes, like she's afriad that she's going to make a mistake and everyone is going to come down on her. I've met Diana, she's a great, lively girl, and I am not trying to bring her down at all, just tell what i've seen. As for the McNutt and McDonald comments, those are true, and I would have never put them in if "quitfrontin" hadn't put that remark about McNutt going to lead her team to district championship with her scoring and defense, because she's just not that good yet. Maybe she'll get there towards the end of the season, who knows? I do find it ironic, however, that i also made the same kind of leadership and scoring remarks about Hensley and Greer from Collinwood and Watson from Clifton, yet you didn't have anything to say about that. Looks like your just mad that I didn't praise Wayne County. I have nothing against them, they have always been a great ball team, and believe me, I never count them out come gametime. So, maybe you should lighten up a little and get over it. After all, basketball is just a game, and no matter what happens during the season or what is said about certain player's abilities, it will in no way affect the lives of these young ladies in the years to come.

Edited by ptguard12

I really have to throw my opinion in on this thread. I am really surprised by the way Cwood has pulled it together. They have a really great team this year with some great ball handlers. As for a scorer, any one of the girls could step up and take that position. There is a lot of talent on this team, they are still pretty young too. Perry County will definitely be the team to beat this year. They were loaded last year, and from what i understand, haven't lost anyone. Wayne Co. always has a good team because they are led by an excellent coach. I have to say that no one should leave Clifton out. they have two of the best players in the district, Allen and Watson. they will surprise some teams that expect an easy win over them. :D

I think that WC will do pretty good this year. I know that they have been practicing all summer and ever since school started. Diana knows how to lead a team and that is what she is doing. McNutt also helps her out. Together they will make WC stronger and with McDonald in there too, they will be hard to beat. :D