Franklin at Brentwood

Brentwood#1

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

I swear... everyone forgets that Brentwood had the first game in hand and then let up in the second half... Brentwood is bigger and more physical on defense, and they forced Franklin to throw it every play... Franklin was 7-of-27 passing in the first game, including the two long touchdowns... take those away, and you're 5-of-25... not a very good percentage... Brentwood gave the first game away, plain and simple... Franklin was able to make some plays at the end, but the Bruins just didn't get it done...

I'm glad all these Franklin people are confident that they're going to just take care of Brentwood with ease... because that most certainly won't be the case... I know the SMART fans (that would be you, Rebel27 :D ) know that this will be the toughest game the Rebels have played all year, Lincoln County included... Brentwood's not going to mess around this time...

I'm sure you guys will call me an idiot, which is fine... I may be... but you can BET the two coaches are losing sleep over this game...

Oh please and what do you call the first three passes Brentwood threw.... I call it their total offense ....cause Fugate couldn't find a corner or a hole to crawl into in the second half. One pick and your whole passing game tucks tale and runs...no pun intended!

Let Up ...Let Up .... try "Got Shut Down!"

Make SOME plays....in the last five minutes we made em all!

Tell Welch to throw it ...were ready to pick him ....Tell Fugate to try off tackle we'll snuff him again ... Tell Dinger to find some open space.... well cover him like the flu...

Let Up? You won't see Up!

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Not a very good percentage" Well sportsguy1976 we're not worried about percentages. Matt Solima is a leader, he's the guy you want with the ball in his hands with the game on the line. He's proved it time after time. He's a better field general than Michael Edminston, better than David Wolke, and yes even better than Austen Everson.

The fact that he doesn't have any press clipings to show for his efforts, because we have a terrible local paper, doesn't take away from the fact that his "not very good percentage" ranks him 6th in the midstate amonst passers with total yardage and that's after sitting out a game. Welch is 26th.

No, we don't pass more 192 vs 154 attempts... your top three rushers 278 carries for 1,522 yds our top three rushers 203 rushes for 1,471 yds. We want leadership not press clipings and not percentages!

Once again, a great post from BDD. Solima has led his Rebels very well this year. Was perfect under the pressure of the two-minute drill both vs. Brentwood and Dickson County. Had he not fumbled vs Lincoln County in only his second varsity start, that drive would have no doubt been capped off with a TD and a Franklin win. It's too bad Solima won't even get his name mentioned for Mr. Football. But ya know what? BDD is right. This Franklin team doesn't have superstars that get all kinds of press, they just have good players that make a great team. GO REBELS!

Thank you for declaring our season over. That's odd, I thought we had at least one more game. Now I know that I won't be pulling for Lincoln County in the Blue Cross Bowl.

I said I'd like to see BOTH of 'em go on. It is obvious that you have one more game. As much as I'd "like" to see Franklin win, I don't think it's gonna happen. That doesn't mean that I am pulling against the Rebels.

Also, you had already said you would be pulling for Brentwood against LC if it ended up that way....so, you pull for whomever you wish in the Blue Cross Bowl. There is a good chance that neither Franklin nor LC will be in it.

I thought this board was for DISCUSSION by both opinions... but I post my opinion and get bashed... that's not very diplomatic if you ask me... I didn't know this was the "Franklin Only" thread... I think it's titled "Franklin at Brentwood"... And I'll say it again... Franklin gets beat by at least 10 points... if I'm wrong, I'll say I'm wrong... but I just don't think the Rebels can pull off a last-second miracle this time...

And another thing... I'm NOT affiliated with Brentwood... I just think Brentwood's going to win... period.

Might this be because of whatever Johnson did that made you to lose your respect of him? What might that be? Pretty cool to just throw that out there and not explain yourself. No, you're not affilated with Brentwood, but there is definitly a slant towards Brentwood from you.