Moore County Coach

plas

I for one am a Coach Price fan. I like the way he cares. He cares about his players, his coaching, the school, the county, and more. I know he has worked his tail off to be the best coach he can be. As the parent of a player I am glad that my son was able to play for him. He has learned more than just football. He has learned how to be part of a TEAM. Everyone wanted to win more than they did. It didn't happen. There is no ONE person and no ONE instance to blame for that. Stuff happens. I know that Doug took every loss just as hard as every player on the team. On the other hand - we won this year. Making the play-offs is no little thing. I know what my son felt like when we lost - it wasn't good. I know many of the boys felt that way and set out with a greater determination for the next game, the next week. As for the talent level being down in Moore County - I don't agree. This year's team had some great players. Some graduated and some will be there next year playing their hearts out again. There are more coming up. I am tired of hearing all about the "Mac Era"! I don't believe that his team went any farther than Moore County did this year. (I know someone will correct me if I am wrong!) As far as I know, Doug Price has not resigned from the position of head coach. I also believe that it is his decision to make. I hope he stays! Thanks Doug for all that you have given not only to my son and to me, but for what you have given to all of us here in Moore County smart enough to know what we have!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I will agree w/Phil, Mac had a great defensive coordinator and they worked well together. Moffet was a huge part of Mac's success. Without a good defense you can kiss the region championships and playoffs goodbye. However, you still have to be able to points on the board and correct me if i am wrong, MC didnt do that the last 2 games of this year. They (Mac/Moffet) were great at getting a team ready to play. They had a good staff. Even if the players dont want to win as bad, its still the coaches responsibility to push the kids and find out what makes the kids "tic". As for the BS(Fans) driving Price out; Phil, that pressure is going to be everywhere you go. Even if you coach weekend youth ball. I also agree w/zsbmom, MC had some great talent this year and they will have some again next year. You just have to be able to COACH the players. If you really want to compare Price and Mac, just look at their records, meaning look at Mac's first 5/6 yrs when he took the head job at MC and Marshall, and then look at Price's since he got the head job at MC. Now you can compare the wins and loses. As for running Mac off, I know there was some problems but I think Mac left because of better options; Larger School, more athletes, more money etc. Well Phil, I think you did get one other thing right, there are other coaches but it all reflects the HEAD COACH. There is always one thing to remember, good assistants dont always make good head coaches. No matter what happens, remember this sport is for the kids.

Phil, i'm feeling that passion for winning you guys had {losing felt horrible}, it made me feel like that even though we loss a lot more than ya'll. It seems now the players (in college and high school do not have that passion anymore!! In college we'd lose and players would be laughing and worried about the party afterward that attitude is killing football! What is the problem? PlayStaion, XBOX, a lack of professional role models.... Where are the new John Elways he'd never accept defeat!!!

Instead of looking to the Pros for role models, maybe we should look at the parents and the coaches. After all, the coaches are the ones that spend the most time with the kids. Anyone who has ever played ball should know that. I do agree times have changed but you always have to be prepared to adapt.

Okay, First thing, I ain't bashing Price, You all know my views. Second, talent has never been great at Mc. We normally had one good back and one good linemen.As a player reading pages of people saying you have no talent, it hurts. No, nobody in the region is great. Not WC, Not Cw, not Mp, yes good, not great . Sure we have a diamond in the rough every now and again. If you are reffering to me as a fence walker you are wrong. I sit on my cushion that says "88 and 99 state runner- ups. No, I not proud of losing in the Clinic Bowl. I promise you one thing there plenty of other people who agree with me who are not responding. You all called me and that Blueboy uneducated. Well, I can't help you do not understand what we are talking about. So you are uneducated. I will tell you this, if he stays Mc will have a few 0-10 seasons. Then you can say no talent but we are having fun losing. Yeah, losing is part of life and it is a tuff pill to take, but should you lose if you do not half to? Keep on supporting him and when your kid team is the center of jokes among other region coaches (like know), don't complain.

Burley, who are you? Are you really serious? One good back and one good lineman? Get real! The years I played we were loaded with talent. Every year we had awesome line and the the skill positon players were good. There is no way you can sit there and say that we usually have one good lineman and one good back. My junior and senior year alone we had at least 4-5 good backs and our whole line could have been all-region at least. You just run off at the mouth. You are upset because you say coach Price didn't help you. It sounds to me you are always making excuses, (I wish I had my degree so I could coach , Coach Price didn't help me go anywhere) this world is not going to give you jack, you have to take it, or in your case, be left out.

Phil, I dont know that I would say that your teams were loaded with talent. The years before your jr. and sr. years, you were definately loaded with a great line and several good borderline great backs. I think that team was predicted to go all the way but came home early. Just goes to show all the great talent dont win ball games. As for having a great line your jr./sr. years, that may be pushing it. They were good and they worked together just like the rest of the teams before you and some since you. I just believe that yall may have played team ball, unselfish play with everyone having one goal. As for great skill posititions, you did have some good backs but I believe MC as always been weak in the defensive backfield. Dont get me wrong, yall had some guys that would knock peoples blocks off but to say that yall had a great skill postitions, i would disagree. Know you were stronger in the offensive backfield than the defensive backfield for sure. They were good but I dont remember yalls teams being load with talent. Know as for any players being passed by, I think some have. Including some in the classes befor you, your class and a few in the classes after you. but you are correct on one thing, if you want something you have to go get it. The world doesnt owe you anything.

Well slownez, you interpeted what I was saying. Phil you know me very well. As a matter of fact look on the Raider Wall of Fame, my picture is there but yours is not. And the excuses, well I don't have any, I worked my tale off for 4 years for the award I wanted. No I did not get it. The world owes me nothing, but me and that doug guy had a fallen out, so there went my trophy. I did get a couple of region MVP's, a couple of all-states, and a shcloraship or two. What is your excuse for dropping that touchdown pass at Lake County that might have won the game? If you would read more closely you would know I am working on my degree. I have one year left on it. The world does not owe jack, I have worked my way up from the bottom, and know I have a few people to prove wrong back in whiskey town.

Edited by BURLEY

Burley, I see now that all this negativity aimed at Coach Price is because you had a falling out with him. I don't understand how someone like you that has NO head coaching experience thinks that he has all the answers and Coach Price that has been coaching for approximately 20 years is incapable of coaching. If you have such a great football mind, how come I've never seen you on the sidelines, instead of on the keyboard. Son if you can't learn to bury the hatchet as you go through life and admit that you just might not have all the answers, you're life is going to be a living heck. If you think everyone else is wrong and you're right, you've got a rude awakening coming.