Jeff CO. & Oak Ridge THE GAME

LawyerMilloy

Let me be the first to say it. Oak Ridge handed it to my boys tonite. 3 breakdowns in the red zone in the first half and that was a hole too deep for anybody to dig out of. The Oak Ridge D played a very tough game, their goal lines stands were something to behold.

Big Ed's was great, better than what I expected, some of you Oak Ridge folk may have seen me and the crew there I was rockin a red Adidas hoodie big dude, scruffy beard and was pickin our pizzas at about 6:30.

Some questionable calls tonite by refs but that was not the difference in the game.

An excellent game by Tyler Brown, his best of the season, huge plays all night, should have been the go to guy all night. Jeff and Scoot played a tough game but the holes just werent there like they usually are. Tough game for the Jeff CO D, Desmond and the boys just didnt seem to be in the right place at the right time and a couple of blown coverages made things tough. I know its a hard loss to take but Im proud of my boys and Im sure everybody else is too.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Lawyer!

Go on and tell them Pats to put up them jerseys some were dry cause they don't need them anymore!

Mr. C, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this board is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no response besides this one, and may God have mercy on your soul.

What a game!

First, I thought Jeff Co. was an awesome team. Everybody on our side of the field were just waiting for the Pats to bust out, but they never did. Hats off to their players, they have a lot of class and are a credit to their community.

Second, our defense played with incredible heart: 3 red zone stops in the 1st half! I thought they did an outstanding job stopping the run and taking Jeff Co. out of what they wanted to do. That said, we had no answer for Tyler Brown. He did an outstanding job at receiver.

Third, good game plan executed perfectly by the offense. Spencer had a monster game as well as Cory. Scott (QB) did a solid job running the offense.

Bottom line... we wanted this game and wouldn't be denied. On to DB!!

I was out of town and didn't go to the DB/McMinn Co game so I was scanning the am dial to hear anything on the score cause I had football fever. I ran across the Jeff County broadcast and all I have to say is no class. I wouldn't want them calling any DB games. Those 2 guys trashed JC for the entire time I listened, which was most of the first half. They sounded like 2 yahoos that grabbed the mic and started wailing. Not that I'm a patriot fan in any way (I actually ate at the Micky Ds at exit 417 with my DB sweatshirton...got several ominous looks!), but these guys are supposed to be as partial as they can and they have to remember it's only high school football played by kids that are 16, 17. It seemed like every other word was "pathetic" or "sorry" or "that's the worst defense I've ever seen". Just wanted to stand up for those kids because I know they didn't go out to lose to Oak Ridge....but you would have thought by listening to there boradcast that they were laying down. I would have to turn there own words on them....the announcers were pathetic.

If any JC people are still posting/reading....are they always that negative?

Fridays game was the worst I have ever seen us play we were beaten in every part of the game except the passing game.A middle school team could have done a better job tackleing than we did, hats off to O.R they came to play. I`m still waiting for a reason why Parker pitched the ball on a sure TD.If we could have just made some tackles, or blocked for scoot just once ahhh what might have been

I'm a transplant, so I don't know the tradition or coaching backgrounds. Here's my outsiders opinion. Jefferson didn't seem prepared. Clock management was awful and the play calling suspect. The coaches know they're players much better than I, but they burned time-outs whenever OR made defensive shifts and used the full play clock late in the 4th quarter while "trying" to catch up.

Officiating honestly helped JC somewhat. Some JC players played lights out, but they're coaches didn't give them a chance. Nothing personal, just my opinion.

maroonand gray,

Yeah those announcers are terrible. I dont know that I have listened to more than 2 broadcasts in my life as a Patriot fan. I am guilty was being upset and saying some things but for someone like a radio personality to bad mouth the team they call games for is just plain stupid. #1 they dont know the boys, who are high schoolers and to bad mouth them is low for any human.

OR nole,

Dont know what was wrong with us, but we just werent as crisp and effective as we had been all season. If Tyler doesnt play the way he did then it would have been alot worse. Im not sayin that the boys didnt try, they gave their all until the last play but it was like their mind was off in another place. Parker Clement is one of the most intelligent kids on and off the field, the pitch play was just a fluke. I think it really shook up the team, that play is not why we lost but it didnt help.

But like I said before, I am proud to be a Patriot fan and know some of those kids cause they are going on to do some big things. It just wasnt meant to be I guess.