Does anyone know who can beat Tyler Smith?

bobcats32

I don't know much about this situation except for what I've read and heard about on the web and in magazines, but I think that it's safe to say Tyler Smith is a little more than average. And also I agree with all the people who are bashing the "joe"guy because he is obviously mad for some reason. All I have to say is that sometimes you just have to give credit where credit is due, and I think Tyler deserves some. After all he is projected by some to go straight into the league, and if he works hard enough to do that, I hope you'll promote him to "above average." Good luck this year to Tyler, don't stop working because there are players out there who want to take your glory (i.e. the Delks, Brewer, etc.) and I promise you they won't stop working, so you can't either.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

joecowboy. You are seriously biased. Giles County went on like a 15 point run in the third quarter of the 71-51 win over Sycamore last year WHEN TYLER SMITH WAS TAKEN OUT OF THE GAME. The time when Sycamore should have been making their run, GILES COUNTY WAS THE ONE WHO WAS RUNNING AWAY WITH THE GAME WITH THEIR STAR PLAYER ON THE BENCH.

And to stay on topic, if Tyler's mind is focused, he is almost unstoppable. Sparkman did a great job last year, I'm glad someone noticed. Fred is also attending the University of North Carolina on a football scholarship. Way to go Fred, good luck to you and fellow Lion Wadele Williams.

I was at the Sycamore Giles game last year. Logan Pierce contained Smith very well in the first half, and most of the second. Giles had a all round good team. Once they saw that Tyler couldn't get in like theywanted, they shot the lights out from the arc. I really am tired of people bringing this up all the time. Sycamore didn't come to play, and they got beat by a very good team... its over. For the fact that Sycamore should have been making thier run when thier "star player" was on the bench... that is bs. Tyler didn't shine that night, his team did. Smith is a good player, but needs some improvement. Thats my history lesson for the day, not smack talk.

Edited by wurd up

JAMONT GORDAN CAN PUT IT TO TYLER SMITH I WOULD BET MY CAR AND HOUSE NOTE ON THAT CAN WE GE A GLENCLIFF GILES COUNTY GAME AROUND HERE. YEAH TYLER IS GOOD BUT HE AINT JAMONT. I HAVE NOTHING AGIANST THE KID AND HOPE FOR THE BEST FOR HIM ON THE NEXT LEVEL BUT JAMONT WILL PUT IT TO HIM I GUARANTEE LETS SEE THIS GAME. EVEN A SCRIMMAGE IS FINE BY ME.

gwmike....

After watching Tyler again this past weekend (seeing the kid play now for at least the 20th time now), I may actually have to agree with you on Jamont. There are not many better athletes in the country, more or less the state, than these two...

There are not many better athletes in the country, more or less the state, than these two... I definately agree. I even think Jamont can go head up with Shawne Williams

WURD I THINK YOU HAVE LOST YOUR MIND!

OR WE WERE WATCHING 2 DIFFERENT GAMES.

CAUSE THE GAME I WATCH WAS TOTALLY DIFFERENT.

YOU MADE ONE GET POINT ( THEY WERE A GOOD TEAM)

BUT THAT GUY THAT WAS GUARDING TSMITH WAS DOING

THE VLADE DIVAC IMPERSONATION AGIANST SHAQ IN THE NBA

FINALS 2 YEARS AGO. THAT WAS LOUSY DEFENSE. IF HE CAN MATCH

UP WITH TSMITH AND ALTER HIS SHOT OR BLOCK IT CONSISTENTLY THEN

HE IS A GOOD DEFENDER. WHAT I SAW WAS A VERY SLOW DEFENDER WITH

TERRIBLE FOOTWORK AND WAS HOPING THE REF WOULD BAIL HIM OUT WITH

CHARGES. THATS POOR DEFENSE IF YOU ASK ME.

AND TO ANSWER THE QUESTION, THE ONLY PERSON WHO CAN STOP TSMITH IS HIMSELF NO ONE ESLE. HE HAS PROVE TIME AND TIME AGAIN THAT HE IS A FORCE IN HIGH SCHOOL BALL. WITH HARD WORK AND STEADY PLAY, WE WILL SEE WHEN THE DUST SETTLE WHO IS RIGHT.

DEFENSE WIN CHAMPIONSHIP, OFFENSE PUT THE FANS IN THE STANDS

First off I would like to apologize on behalf of everyone who thought Smith could be stopped. They are obviously confused and troubled. By the way they post you would think this thread title was 'Who can stop Tyler Smith' or something like that. Can't wait to see "The Bird Man's" season opener in the NBA in a couple years.

I can tell you who can stop him.........Tyler Smith, that's who!!! For the love of the game Tyler don't become a punk. Play the game that you love and play it with some heart, not like you just walked off the AND 1 court. I have gone to bat for you many times talking about how good an attitude he has. All I have heard in so far this year is that you are trash talking and not playing D just snowbirding to get dunks. last year you let your play take care of the talking, don't take it for granted that you are going to march all the way throough the state again.

Warehouse...that was a great post. I watched the Hickman County scrimmage and there was some apparent snowbirding going on, as well as some trash talking. Tyler, I agree with warehouse...let your game do your talking. You are a true intimidator by just stepping on the court. You are going to get knocked around...it is a part of the game. Don't let your temper get the best of you. Play ball...nuff said