WesVLT

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kicking a field goal to tie after the clock has run out? One, it's bad officiating and two, it's not legit... even if BA does win Friday, they get hammered by MBA next week...

First of all, the officials let the clock run for an extra two seconds after we spiked the ball just two plays earlier. But let's not get back into THAT discussion.

There were 47 minutes of football played before that, and as I recall it was pretty evenly played. I don't call that a "garbage win."

But we'll agree to disagree...I just know I'm right. :rolleyes:B)

Edited by WesVols

One game at a time, folks. Let's all remember that Christian Brothers is the only loss on BA's schedule so far this year. I certainly don't characterize BA's win over MBA as a "garbage" win any more than I would say that CBHS win over BA was a fluke because of the turnovers. When good teams play close games, it's the little things that make the difference. One play here or there, and it turns a loss into a win.

All four teams remaining have an opportunity to win it all, and certainly nobody would be shocked if BA, MBA or CBHS was the ultimate champion.

For this week's BA vs. CBHS rematch, it will once again be the little things that make the difference. Two very solid defenses will slug it out in what should be a low scoring contest. If BA wins the turnover battle, or at least keeps it close, I would say they will win it. If CBHS once again forces the Eagles to turn the ball over, and wins the turnover battle by +2 or more, the Brothers will win it.

I'm certainly hoping that BA plays a great game, and earns another shot at the gold ball, so I'll go with the Eagles: 17-10.

mba will come into memphis thinking 1 thing we can beat anybody but with a big head like that they wont be able to walk away with a w at cbhs i think a lot of people dont realize the importance of home field avantage in the playoffs.

cbhs by 7+

If MBA comes to Memphis friday, they won't be in the Clinic Bowl because they will have missed their game. :rolleyes:

OK people tonight is the night. Who will prevail when these two powers collide in THE GAME OF THE WEEK in TN? It will will be smashmouth football at its best with the state's two most physical teams going head to head for the right to play for all the chips in the Clinic Bowl. Button up your chinstraps, this will be no place for the faint of heart!!

Will Corey Mills and the stingy defense of the Purple Wave be able to stop the power running game of the Eagles and create more turnovers, or will Holbert and Townsend secure the ball have their way this time?

My prediction: BA scores a touchdown on a rare pass play with less than a minute left to win.

BA 17, CBHS 14.

GO EAGLES !!!