who is better...more overrtaed?

joecowboy

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I haven't seen Corey play in person, but I heard that he has flashy highlight reel dunks, and that's about it? Maybe I heard wrong, but I know Tyler when he wants to, can easily become the most dominating player on the court. Yesterday in the scrimmage, teammate Shay Shannon had 7 3 pointers, and I kind of felt like Tyler was trying too hard to do his share.

TSmitty, if you're teammates are hot, take a break and let them do the work. Play solid defense every trip down the court, and our team won't have any team repeating if you're going to have outings from fellow starters like the one Mr Shannon gave yesterday. Great game, Shay!

Ive personally played against Cory and I watched Tyler play in the state tournament. Tyler and Corys game are different if you ask me..so its hard to compare them..Tylers like to go post more and Cory likes to sit out and shoot the 3. Cory is starting to coast a little bit getting a lil cocky...I am 5'11'' and when I played Cory i had 3 blocks so the man is obviously coasting, he needs to pull down more boards, and getting a lil stronger down low. I think Cory could be what everyone says he was if he did the things that everyone knows he could like rebound and have a stronger down low game. Tyler will be a great player and i think might surpass what Cory was his junior year. If Cory wants to go board he will but this is a guy that needs to average a double double and more than just 5 or 6 boards a game. Correct me if Im wrong about Corys rebounding. But overall these are two great players.

It is hard to say if one is overrated or underrated. It is equally as difficult to tell whom is the better player. I say this because to my knowledge they have never squared off against one another nor do they have similar opponents throughout the year. You can only base an opinion on how each performs against his competition. tyler's district and region are admitingly weak; could this be why he puts up great numbers. ( i don't know) Corey's district and region I dont know alot about someone might inform me. I know he puts up good stats though. However; in the state tourny last year one stat that caught my eye was his turnovers, maybe it was just a bad game. As for Tyler I often see him in foul trouble and on the bench. I think each could improve with these things. As for who is better or overrated; I think they are both outstanding talents and are rated fairly based upon the limited information and equally comparable stats we have to go by. As well as no common opponents.

Tyler and Corey are both great ball players, but to say who is better at this point in time, the answer is too easy...

Corey Brewer is clearly the better of the two right now. Tyler could end up being better, but Brewer has this battle won. Brewer is 2 full inches taller (6'7-6'5 or 6'8-6'6, depending on who you ask). Brewer is a true Guard. He shoots it much better than Tyler, and handles it much better as well. Smith and Brewer are both great athletes, with Smith getting the strength edge. But this past summer was the proving grounds for both. Tyler got little or no mentions from his performance at ABCD camp, while Corey blew up at Nike Camp, ranking as a Top 5 wing in attendance. During AAU, Corey also completely blew up as a Top 30 player Nationally in 2004, while Tyler did very well in a supporting role for Pump 'n Run... Added to this is Corey AAU National Championship he gained under his belt, including a 40- point performance against Boo Williams, a feat that Smith never approached this past summer... Again, both are very good players, but at the moment, all the facts and educated opinions point toward Brewer...

I have went played with and watch Tyler play. He is by far the best player I have ever seen at this age and level. Once he gets his shot down pat then Tyler will be a versatile Lebron James style of player being able to go play around the perimeter and down low. I'm not saying that Corey is not a great player , but I just think Tyler is going to be if not already better than him.

Edited by cclausel